Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 32EX403 changes channel by itself

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Nectar3
Visitor

KDL 32EX403 changes channel by itself

Morning All.

We bought the above TV for Christmas and it's been great apart from one problem. It seems to change at random to different AV channels, usually at least once an hour, often in the middle of a movie (this made Inception particularly difficult to follow last night!).

The TV is set up thus:

AV1 SCART input=Virgin Cable TV Box

AV2 SCART input=Phillips DVD player

AV3=Nintendo Wii.

We usually watch TV using the inbuilt Freeview tuner (the DVD player and Virgin box are usually on standby).

Is this a settings thing I can fix myself or should I return the TV as faulty?

I have high hopes @Catmambo will come to the rescue!

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@minimouse07 wrote:

I have. Kd43x8309c that does the same thing

Hi @minimouse07

I strongly suggest you start a new thread for this; while you may well have the same symptoms, the above is about SCARTs, whereas you have all HDMI connections, I imagine.

Further this thread is marked Solved; it's almost always a mistake to post on such a thread, as either you can apply the solution given, so you don't need to post, or you can't apply the solution, but your plea will pass unnoticed when people see the thread is apparently 'Solved'.

When you do repost, please give a bit more information; what is plugged in to what connections on the set? And is it really changing channels - e.g. from BBC 1 to ITV - or is it changing inputs e.g. from DVD to cable box - or what, exactly?

Good luck!

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor