Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl-32ex43b

SOLVED
pakaras30
Explorer

Kdl-32ex43b

I have the above tv which has a built in blu ray player. All of a sudden the blu ray player no longer recognises discs. I rang sony who told me to install the latest update but I don't think this will make any difference. It has been working fine with the current software version. If it is a prob with the built in player then an update will not make a diff will it? Also I have downloaded the latest software version but the tv doesn't recognise the USB device when I turn it on. I only have a memory car reader so I've inserted the mem card into that and then plugged it in to the tv via the USB. Can I use a mem car reader or does it have to be a USB flash drive thingy. I did buy a blu-ray cleaner disc but remembered after I'd bought it that the player wouldn't be able to play this either in order to start cleaning it. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi arauvik

I think the best thing to do in your situation is to contact Sony Support directly. 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/tvhc

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A memory card reader will not work in the TV, therefore the it will not be recognised.  What you can do though if you havnt got a USB drive is to connect the TV up to your network (ethernet cable to your ISP's router) and update the firmware that way.

Updating the firmware is generally the first step in the troubleshooting process (as it rules any potential/fixed bugs out of the equation).  Saying that, if the blurays previously worked, and now they dont, this may indicate a fault, if they are newer dics, the firmware update may assist. 

Personally I would get that firmware updated anyhow.  You can pick up an 8GB USB drive for just over £6 on Amazon or even at your local supermarket (ASDA, Tesco etc)

The problem with DVD/Bluray players built into the TV, is that if the drive fails, its generally cheaper to purchase a new seperate Bluray player itself, as they are uneconomical to repair (unless under warranty)

Cheers

profile.country.fi_FI.title
arauvik
Explorer

We have Kdl-32ex40B and we´re having also problems with DVD/Bluray player built into the TV. Player suddenly desided not to recognize the disc. Neither old nore new discs which work properly e.g. in computer´s DVD slot. We have a feeling that the problem appeared after the latest uppdate! The automatic update is on and the latest released in August 2013  is downloaded. Somewhere during  the autumn we found out the problem with DVD/Blueray player (cause we use it quite rarely). We haven´t found a solution to the problem. And, of course the quarantee period is due :wink:

So, good advices would be handy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi arauvik

I think the best thing to do in your situation is to contact Sony Support directly. 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/tvhc

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
sandy2206
Explorer

I also had problems with the DVD player in my TV back in 2013.  This was replaced and the Firmware was upgraded which resulted in my Dongle no longer working.

I switched to a newtork cable, for online features and all was well until recently, when the DVD player stopped working again.

Did you ever get your problem resolved?  I suspect there is an issue with the DVD player used in these machines, as two years is not a great deal of time for them to break.