Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W700B keeps restarting when using media player?

bpascua
Explorer

KDL-32W700B keeps restarting when using media player?

Hello All,

Looking for some advice, I have a new Bravia KDL-42W706B. Connected to it via HDMI is a media player (WDTV). I have noticed that from time to time when I playing something on the media player the TV will reset (flashing red light 3 times). I thought this was a broken TV, but I had it replaced last week and again it happened last night.

My question is why would an external media player be able to crash the TV? has anyone else experienced this or know what I could do? I dont think the TV is fit for purpose...

thanks

Brian

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please confirm if you are on the latest firmware?  If so, try a factory reset - which is generally the first steps in the troubleshooting process.

My concern is the 3 blinks you are experiencing.  This indicates a hardware failure.  But if you have already replaced the tv, it would be extremely rare to get the same fault.  

Can you also try a diffferent HDMI cable in a different port on the tv - just to rule this out.

Cheers

bpascua
Explorer

Hello,

Yes we have a another TV now (the 3rd) with the latest firmware also (PKG2.601EUA). I have replaced the HDMI

cable as a precaution. I will see how we go over the next few days. The reason this is the third TV is because when they replaced the original one the replacemnt that turned up was bent.

Thanks

Brian