Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-48W585B Problems after warranty repair with Amazon Instant Video app

damo_e
Explorer

KDL-48W585B Problems after warranty repair with Amazon Instant Video app

Hello - 1st post and hoping for some help.  Had a problem with my TV, which resulted in a warranty replacement of the mainboard.  Ever since, I've been unable to access the Amazon instant video app.  Each time trying to sign in, I simply see the progress circle until it times out.  Have tried to re-register, different account and all sorts to no avail.  Anyone with any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

My tv did this yesterday on amazon app for the first time, I pressed and hold the power button on the remote to completely shut it down, turned it back on and it worked fine.
damo_e
Explorer

Sadly that didn't work at all.  Going to have to ring support next time I'm home during their office hours to find out if they can guide me through a fix.   Wish they had later working hours!

damo_e
Explorer

So just to follow up on this, countles phonecalls to support, failed promised callbacks now going well over a month, I'm still no closer to a resolution and nobody returning calls, or even contacting me to say whats being done.  Support hide behind an 'escalated department' that don't talk to customers, and don't seem to be accountable to anyone.  Sony customer service has gone to hell, and it seems nobody is prepared to do anything about a problem caused by a warranty repair! Cheers Sony. Rapidly becoming one of the worst big ticket purchases I ever made.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not a Sony employee, but i have escalated your complaint to Sony.  I know you have heard this before and i will admit that i have little control over this lack of feedback from Sony, but i can now find out if Sony has contacted you or not.  I will continue to follow this up with Sony on your behalf.

Anyhow, please ensure you have the correct contact details in your account profile as they should be contacting you in the next few days.

Please update this thread onxe the do - as im also interested on the outcome.

Cheers

damo_e
Explorer

Awesome Quinnicus,  thanks for the help.  I'll let you know as soon as anything happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool :slight_smile:

Also, if i hear anything, ill post back too.

damo_e
Explorer

Well nothing to report so far, but head office has responded to a letter of complaint, asking me to wait until Friday.  I think I've managed to collect 3 different case references now!  We'll see what happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Did you manage to get a satisfactory resolution to your problems by any chance?

Cheers

damo_e
Explorer

Not yet resolved but I'm slightly hopeful now.  Someone is supposed to be contacting me to arrange a repair apparently (though when that'll be goodness only knows).  Fingers crossed.