Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-48W585B Problems after warranty repair with Amazon Instant Video app

damo_e
Explorer

KDL-48W585B Problems after warranty repair with Amazon Instant Video app

Hello - 1st post and hoping for some help.  Had a problem with my TV, which resulted in a warranty replacement of the mainboard.  Ever since, I've been unable to access the Amazon instant video app.  Each time trying to sign in, I simply see the progress circle until it times out.  Have tried to re-register, different account and all sorts to no avail.  Anyone with any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
damo_e
Explorer

Just thought I'd update.  Having reported the problem well before the warranty expired, and then having had the warranty extended by Sony for 3 monts to ensure it was still covered, I was told that the system could not book the repair that they'd authorised and I'd have to pay for it and then claim the money back - would have been more than I was prepared to pay out and judging by how long it took to get to this stage, no trust that I'd get my money back anytime soon.  By this time all confidence in Sony had evaporated so I asked Amazon where I'd originally purchased it if they could do anything.  No quibbles, no questions, full refund given.  I've now purchased another TV.  If anyone from Sony management reads these, take note - your support system is RUBBISH, and bravo Amazon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update.  Its a shame that Sony couldnt up their game on this.  I can only shake my head.  But at least you hace got a resolution via Amazon.

Thanks.