Join now - be part of our community!

KDL50W829BBU - Apps disappeared, Netflix 'Feature not Available'

GTRussell
Explorer

KDL50W829BBU - Apps disappeared, Netflix 'Feature not Available'

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help!

Everything has been working absolutely fine on my W8 until this week. Pretty much all of the Apps have disappeared from the SEN menu in the TV, and those that are there simply do not open when selected.

When pressing the Netflix button on the remote, a small notifcation appears just saying "Feature not Available".

I have tried with both a wired and wireless connection, refreshed internet content and turned both the TV and router off at the mains - none of which have made a difference.

There are no issues with the connection (wired or wireless) anywhere else in the house, and no problems using Netflix on any other device.

I've had a quick search and tried pretty much every option (save for a factory reset, which would mean inputting all my picture settings again!)

Any ideas? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Even if all apps have disappeared, YouTube is normally one that stays.  If its their, can you try it.

Also, before a factory reset, can you switch off the TV - reboot your router - then switch the TV back on again

Cheers

GTRussell
Explorer

YouTube is there, but doesnt open when selected - the little loading animation plays in the top right, then nothing happens.

I tried a reboot of both the TV and router yesterday afternoon, but will certainly try again.

Thankyou.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The lack of YouTube working means that the TV is not connected to your network and hence cannot access the wider internet.

Can you look at your network settings on the TV again - if possible test with an ethernet cable (remember to change settings to wired if you do this)

Cheers

GTRussell
Explorer

I have tried both wired and wireless (and changed the setting each time). Both options finish with the TV saying i am connected. Refresh of internet content finishes when i select that too, but obviously doesnt yield any results!

Netflix and YouTube were working fine a week or two ago, and no settings had been changed between then and this weekend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

Factory reset it - might cleat out whatever 'gremlin' is there

Cheers

GTRussell
Explorer

Yeah, i was pretty much resigned to that. Will be noting down my settings!

Thankyou for your help.