Join now - be part of our community!

Media server: no folder on Sony Bravia KDL43WD750

Kyragos
Explorer

Media server: no folder on Sony Bravia KDL43WD750

Hello!

I just got a brand new TV: a Sony Bravia (KDL43WD750). I am still discovering it.
Usually, I use Universal Media Server (UMS) on my PS4 to watch my videos from my computer without any issue. However, it doesn't seem to work from the Home menu of the new TV. When I go to the Media menu, UMS is available. But when I go in there, the expected folders are not there, just "There are no items to display".

Does anyone have a suggestion?

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

A tired laptop... I think it will ok...

Manolo

Kyragos
Explorer

For information, there is a media server included in my router, and I just found out that it seems to work.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Now I think something blocks the visibility to the TV from PC, not for the PS4...

Also from a mobile device is impossible to see the files in shared folders? Exemple, from VLC if you have an Android device...

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
Kyragos
Explorer

The TV is up to date.

I tried running UMS on my phone like you said. It works fine. The issue is really between the TV and the PC. There is some communication, as the servers are listed, but no more. I mentioned the PS4 just to indicate the server is working fine.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

On PS4 works I know... Have you an Antivirus or something like?... Try to disable... Ideas go to end... -)

Manolo

Kyragos
Explorer

Some progress, it seems! I had already tried it, but didn't go further as that didn't fix anything. But now I notice that when I disable the firewall of my antivirus (Kaspersky) or even shut it off completely, I get the message "Cannot access the server" instead of "no items to display". The other media servers seem to work (files are there at least). I tried creating a specific rule to allow the local address of the TV, but with no effect.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Maybe without Kaspersky... Not Off but uninstalled... And PC rebooted...

Manolo

Kyragos
Explorer

Just tested for Kaspersky. When uninstalled and rebooted, no change from when Kaspersky is there with its firewall on => connected, but no files displayed.

Kyragos
Explorer

Tried with my laptop and my mobile hotspot. UMS has the same behaviour: no items to display. So this should'nt come from the network...