Join now - be part of our community!

Messed up my KDL-40R473A TV

kayjay_24
New

Messed up my KDL-40R473A TV

Hi people, I've been pulling my hair out all day over this. Just found a code this morning to take you into a support menu on my Sony TV. Went in there and changed something that I knew nothing about (I know terribly stupid of me) and my screen went blank. I now can't see anything but I can change the input of the TV and hear sound from different devices.

Now to the pulling out my hair part, I've been online all day looking for a solution, I've tried holding up and turning the TV off with the button on the side of the TV but that hasn't worked. I've tried hooking my PC up to the TV and then going on teamviewer to see if it would show anything but it didn't. I've even tried looking through around 300+ videos online of a similar menu to mine and trying to blindly navigate through the menu to do a Factory reset on the TV. 

I hope one of you guys can help me. Fingers crossed or i've got to throw this one out the window. 

1 REPLY 1
kayjay_24
New

Sorted it out guys. I changed the panel selection in the service mode in hope that it would give my TV Some smart capabilities but it didn't it just broke it. I went down to a local Currys and took a picture of that menu, which I could post if someone needs it, but anyway I went what was on the picture and counted the button presses and did it blindly until I chose the right one and it worked thank god!

Miss you can close this post now if you need to.