Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working on KDL-32W653A

rachbowyer
Explorer

Netflix not working on KDL-32W653A

I have a KDL-32W653A TV upgraded to the latest firmware (vPKG4.560EUA). I am based in the UK.

Netflix used to work, but has not been working reliably for the last 2 weeks. If I do a factory reset, it fixes it, but then it stops working again. Netflix gives an error code of UI-113 and fails to run.

There does not seem a way to reinstall apps on this TV.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does this help:

_20160201_002730.JPG

Cheers

rachbowyer
Explorer

Thanks. I tried that, but I did not help.
rachbowyer
Explorer

None of that works I am afraid. The app just hangs  - the Netfix screen shows for 10 seconds then I get the Code: ui-113 message on a grey screen directing me to the Netflix.com/nethelp page - on which there is nothing of use. I can't sign out, there are no options available to do that (and the up/down remote sequence doesn't work). All I can do is exit. 

A factory reset on the tv will start it again, then after I turn the set off once, the fault recurs. It looks like an app problem, but there seems to be no way to look at that. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

One workaround that do work in Italy is to view a youtube clip BEFORE launching Netflix: does it work also in your set?

rachbowyer
Explorer

No it doesn't. This is very frustrating.

rachbowyer
Explorer

Any other ideas then? Not being able to change the settings/uninstall/reinstall apps on this Sony television is very irritating.

RoxanneKerns
Explorer

There is a possible workaroud that works for me as this error keeps coming back. To resolve, unplug your internet connection if cabled or turn off your wireless connection in the network settings. Now start Netflix.It works for me.