Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix UI-113 Error

profile.country.GB.title
lastboyscoutuk
Explorer

Netflix UI-113 Error

Hi,

I have both a Sony KDL-65W955B and a KDL-50W829B tv and I'm now getting the UI-113 Error on Netflix. I am using BT Infinity and the TVs are connected by ethernet (same problem exists when using Wi-Fi). I have had both TVs for some time and not had a problem before. I think both TVs had a software update in November last year. Both TVs have netflix built in.

I also own a 32" Sony tv, with the same set up, apart from the fact that it didn't have the Netflix app built in and had to be downloaded - Netflix on this tv works fine.

I have gone through all the usual fixes - power down tv, factory reset, reset router, etc, etc, but to no avail.

All other connected apps work fine e.g Amazon, Five, YouTube,  etc.

I've seen a lot of threads on this issue and wondered whether there is a definitive answer to this problem or it still an ongoing issue for people? 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont suppose you have a BT HomeHub 3 by any chance - which is an issue for some people in this thread: 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/bravia-kdl-42w705-netflix-only-works-if-tv-is-factory-re...

If not, reboot your router and test.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
lastboyscoutuk
Explorer

Hi, yes, I do have a Hub 3.  I've manged to get a Hub 5 off of Ebay for only £35, so I'll try that.  If that doesn't work, I'll try the Hub 4. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for confirming.  Let me know how you get on.  Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
lastboyscoutuk
Explorer

Hi,

The BT Hub I ordered on Ebay has arrived today (18/02/16).  However, the guy has sent me a Hub 4 and not the Hub 5 as ordered - that's a seperate matter.  I connected up the new Hub 4 and both TVs went straight into Netflix with no problem at all.  So there is clearly a problem with the BT Hub 3 and Netflix.

Now need to decide whether I still push to get the Hub 5 I paid for and risk the Hub 5 not working with Netflix.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol...  Such is life isnt it.

However if not heard of any issues or problems on here about the hub5 :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
lastboyscoutuk
Explorer

Hi,

Just to confirm that I have tried Netflix using a BT Home Hub 4 and Home Hub 5 and it works perfectly with both.

Regards