Join now - be part of our community!

No Internet Content and Not Refeshing- KDL-40EX403

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MATTeL
Visitor

No Internet Content and Not Refeshing- KDL-40EX403

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help, I have lost all video content through the television not just the BBC iPlayer. All of this content, including the iPlayer, was working but sometime in the last couple of weeks they are no longer available.

Now on the XMB under "Video" there is the option "Internet Content" which when selected presents are screen with the title "Refresh Internet Content" and a bar with a scrolling blue/white dot that has the legend "Connecting to Internet video service...".

I have been watching the little dot scroll from left to right for up to an hour with no connection to the internet video service being established.

The television is connected to the router by an ethernet cable and I have checked the connection and all is reported okay and connections made.

The television details are:

Model:  KDL-40EX403

Firmware:  PKG4.085EUL-0108

Checking the firmware it appears it was released on the 25-Nov-2010, so I know the automatic update is working.

Is anyone else having this issue or is there something fundamental I am missing.

Thanks,

Mark

16 REPLIES 16
daterry84
Visitor

Same problem on a KDL46NX703, did a factory reset & instead of "updating internet content" it says "acquiring internet content" & everything came back OK. Think that content has been automatically updating cos I don't think the Qriosity film service was originally there but it did appear before I lost all my content like you did.

Sony have promised ITV & Ch 4 players on the PS3 so perhaps we'll get them too (if it updates ok)

sony2paul
New

Hi MATTeL,

Its good to know its not just me then.  I have the same model.  Last week I had all the usual internet channels available to me, now I only get the option to refresh internet.  By clicking on this I get the same as you "Acquiring Internet Content" with the dot moving left to right for ages and nothing happens.  The wireless connection is OK and it says I am connected to the Internet OK.  On one forum I read "reset factory settings" but not tried this yet.  Have you solved the problem yet ?

kdl40ex503
Visitor

if the factory reset settings wont work try SOFT RESET!

search google how to do it.

after that its working till today without any problems.

kdl40ex503
Visitor

SOFT RESET is the solution.

search google how to do it.

fullmetaljacket23
Visitor

Could anyone tell me how to update my software on my tv

its a sony led kdl46nx703

it currently has software version PKG4.068EUH-0107 WHICH I KNOW IS OLD

i already have set 'software updates' to 'on' but I dont know how to do a manual update

I've tried restoring factory settings and rebooting wireless router of which it connects to fine.

please shed light on this situation if possible

thanks for your time folks!!!!!!

francisp
Visitor

There are instructions for doing this on the Product Support page - under firmware updates.  You will need a USB stick to do this. Alternativley you   could try a factory reset which should automatically obtain the new drivers when you have reloaded the network connection settings.

Hi,

I have recently tried to use the internet on my sony bravia kdl-40ex403 in which it does not seem to work.

Every application I open on my tv an error message appears "network error occured" then gives me the option whether I would like to retry or cancel, in which I have chose retry repeatedly and the error message still appears.im not sure what the problem is but the sony troubleshooting forum has not gave my any answers as to how it may be resolved.