Join now - be part of our community!

No Internet Content and Not Refeshing- KDL-40EX403

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MATTeL
Visitor

No Internet Content and Not Refeshing- KDL-40EX403

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help, I have lost all video content through the television not just the BBC iPlayer. All of this content, including the iPlayer, was working but sometime in the last couple of weeks they are no longer available.

Now on the XMB under "Video" there is the option "Internet Content" which when selected presents are screen with the title "Refresh Internet Content" and a bar with a scrolling blue/white dot that has the legend "Connecting to Internet video service...".

I have been watching the little dot scroll from left to right for up to an hour with no connection to the internet video service being established.

The television is connected to the router by an ethernet cable and I have checked the connection and all is reported okay and connections made.

The television details are:

Model:  KDL-40EX403

Firmware:  PKG4.085EUL-0108

Checking the firmware it appears it was released on the 25-Nov-2010, so I know the automatic update is working.

Is anyone else having this issue or is there something fundamental I am missing.

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Mark - The system is just plug and play so it should just work when you connect everything. Have you tried rebooting your modem/router? If that doesn't work you could do a full reset of the TV under the settings option on the XMB?

I think if there were wider issues, then here would be more complainants on the boards, so my hunch is its a glitch on your network somewhere. So try the above steps and feedback afterwards.

Thanks

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Mark - The system is just plug and play so it should just work when you connect everything. Have you tried rebooting your modem/router? If that doesn't work you could do a full reset of the TV under the settings option on the XMB?

I think if there were wider issues, then here would be more complainants on the boards, so my hunch is its a glitch on your network somewhere. So try the above steps and feedback afterwards.

Thanks

MATTeL
Visitor

Hi eduzzel

Thank you for the prompt response and the answer.

As you say if it had not been a local issue then the boards would have been littered with a few more comments.

It was a factory of the television that resulted in getting back the internet services, plus some extra items.

Cheers,

Mark

cardorki
Visitor

I have just had the same issue, as of the 5th of December 2010. I did a factory reset..... I found that- that worked.... bbc iplayer all returned. Cant say whether that was fluke or just luck :smileylaugh:.... Hope this helps...

profile.country.nl_NL.title
MrMillman
Visitor

EN: (NL below)

-----

Since the last update (PKG4.085EUL-0108) I have problems with my reception/decoding.
Now and than I receive the error: "signal cannot be decoded".

This happens with all channels. When I pull out my CI+ module from my TV and place

it back, I got all channels back.

CI+ module + Ziggo card already replaced

I understand there are more people facing this problem. Anyone any idea?

With Firmware PKG4.077EUL-0108 there was no problem. Firmware release before 077

also had this issue so the problem is back! :angry:

TV model: KDL40HX700

NL:

-----

Sinds de laatste update (PKG4.085EUL-0108) heb ik problemen met mijn ontvangst/decoding.
Ik krijg heel onregelmatig de melding: "zender is gecodeerd of kan niet worden gedecodeerd".

Dit gebeurt bij alle zenders. Als ik mijn CI+ module dan uit mijn TV verwijder en terugplaats

heb ik weer gewoon alle zenders.

CI+ module + Ziggo kaartje al vervangen

Ik begrijp dat meerdere mensen hier last van hebben. Heeft iemand enig idee??

Met de Firmware PKG4.077EUL-0108 was dit probleem er niet. Voor de 077 update had ik

het probleem ook, dus het is weer terug.

TV model: KDL40HX700

Catmambo
Contributor

Might be best you call your local call centre so they can try and replicate the issue. I'm not very familiar with CAM issues I'm afraid..

profile.country.GB.title
julianbailey66
Explorer

Hi Mark

I'm having exactly the same problem with my KDL-37EX503

I have Emailed Sony but have had no reply

Cheers

Julian

Message was edited by: julianbailey66

xiudeng
Visitor

Hi,I have the same problem on my KDL 40 EX503 too. Just got the TV a few days ago. I connected it to my router, the TV shows the Internect is connected and I can share my files between my VAIO notebook and the SONY TV. However, the TV can not connect to the Internect TV. I tried to refresh the Internect Content, the screen will stay on the "Authenticating " page forever. It just can not go further. I wonder if the TV is faulty.

Can anyone tell me what to do please? Thank you. I have contacted Amazon which I bought from, still waiting for the reply.

iGlad1959
Visitor

Hi have you tried unplugging your router for a minute and then plugging it back in. I get that sometimes and that seems to clear it!! I am assuning you can get the internet on your other Pc's? You could also reset your TV back to default mode.

Also make sure your router isn't just allowing those Pc's etc that have had the Mac address entered into it as this wont allow pc's etc access ton the internet. You can check all this when you go into your router software via your browser typing 198......etc .

Message was edited by: iGlad1959

Catmambo
Contributor

Update the firmware also via USB as there are a load of fixes and updates within the last few versions

thanks

Message was edited by: eduzzel