Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with playback via media server on some video files.

thdmd03
New

Problems with playback via media server on some video files.

I have a KDL-40W705C with a WiFi connection to a WD external hard drive via a Belkin router. I've noticed recently on some files (mp4 format) it will play for the first few minutes and then will say video file playback not available and the screen then goes blank.Other video files will work fine.

Played the same video from the same WD hard drive but this time via the Xbox 360 and then onto the TV and it works fine.

Any thoughts would be helpful as it is easier to use the media server rather than firing up the Xbox everytime.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are probably using a video or audio codec not fully supported by the TV, check it please http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14XM070111/EN/codeclist.html#5

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

or reading better your question, you are having problem with the band available in your wifi connection: have you tried cabling the connection with your belkin router?

Captain_WD
Explorer

thdmd03 wrote:~snip~

Hey there thdmd03,

What is the WD drive's model and capacity?

As rooobb suggested, you may be using a bad video or audio codec that causes these problems.

I would still check the drive's health just to be on the safe side that your data isn't at risk. I would recommend, if it's an external drive, to connect it directly to a working PC and running WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic and see if it passes both the quick and the extended tests. If it's a NAS device, there should be a built-in testing tool for the drive/s and for the device itself. :slight_smile: 

Post back with some results :slight_smile:

Captain_WD.