Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 Pro conection issues with KD-55X8505B unsuported signal? not relating to HDR

Kingjed
Explorer

PS4 Pro conection issues with KD-55X8505B unsuported signal? not relating to HDR

Hi

Got a ps4 pro on launch day, works ok but every couple of days i get a message about the device connected to my Bravia KD-55X8505B is an unsupported signal!!! Black screen, no sound, error message flashing up in bottom right of the screen.

it’s not an unsupported signal obviously because it works one day then not the next, it is connected to one of the two HDCP 2.2 supported HDMI slots, if when getting this image i change the HDMI port to a HDCP 1.4 slot it works fine, then i have to restart the PS4 Pro, and move it back to  the HDMI port 2 wich supports HNCP 2.2 and it works again fine then until the next time it decides to throw a wobbler.

why i am asking this and why don’t I then just leave it in a supported HDMI that’s only HDCP 1.6?? not HDCP 2.2…

Well in the settings in the PS4 Pro is says I have to be connected to one of the HDMI ports that support HDCP 2.2 or some of the features will not work correctly and i may not get a 4k image,

So will there be a firmware update for the TV or PS4 Pro to sort this issue out>>>>  it’s a Sony TV for goodness sake so it should have worked out of the box.

also FYI a lot of other people are having this same problem across a range of TV’S, it’s annoying for me as every time it happens i have to mess about at the side of the TV which is on the wall and i fear the more i swap cables around the more chance i have of doing some damage.

here’s a snip from an online article about this issue. if the solution is staying on a HDMI port for now that is not HDC 2,2 will i still get the 4k images for my games and will this be resolved through firmware and which firmware Sony? TV or PS-PRO?

“The problem was already so widespread by the end of Thursday November 10 – the PS4 Pro’s launch date – that it had garnered an official response on Sony’s EU PlayStation Forum. Online Support representative KingGobbo admitted the issue’s existence and suggested a convoluted temporary fix involving switching the console into its Safe mode and changing its digital rights management setting from HDCP 2.2 to 1.4.”

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know that you have probably used Google to seek answers to this problem too, and as you know its a problem across a range of different manufacturer TVs - therefore this suggests to me that this isnt a TV fault, but a PS4 issue.

I would suggest reading/replying on the PS4 forums:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/bd-p/bEN_TSOPS4

One last thing, have a look at the Video Input Settings on your TV and see if they appear correct:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HA230111/EN/c_extinput_visettings.html

Cheers