Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 Pro no signal on 4k panasonic

SOLVED
marc.knuckle
Explorer

PS4 Pro no signal on 4k panasonic

today i received my PS4 Pro. i connected it to my brand new panasonic tx-58dx700b 4k HDR tv and cant get a picture. i have connected it to a small 1080p monitor and it shows a picture and sound perfectly.

i have tried to follow some troubleshooting tips such as trying to get into safe mode while connected to the panasonic but still nothing shows.

if i get into safe mode while connected to the smaller monitor i can adjust some settings but it doesnt allow me to select the 2160p options as that monitor doesnt support it. i even tried changing it to hdcp 1.4 only but it still doesnt display anything.

what can i do? any ideas?

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marc.knuckle
Explorer

right, so far so good.  i've got it sorted but will post back if any other problems.

so, when i came home today i looked in the tv settings. the only option i could see to change to auto was something to do with the tv mode between gaming, cinema etc for each hdmi. i changed it from something or other to auto. dont know if that did anything though.

then, while connected to hdmi 3 (older hdmi & hdcp standard) i went into safe mode on the ps4 pro thinking i would find the hdcp still on '1.4 hdcp only' but it had reverted back to auto on it's own somehow (?)

then i thought fl**k it and unplugged sky q and put the ps4 pro into hdmi 1 and bang, it worked. it also confirmed the settings it was displaying at were 4k. 

so, the only reason i didnt try hdmi 1 yesterday was because the tv specs state hdmi 1 and 2 are the same. both should be capable of hdmi 2.0a and hdcp 2.2. so all i can think is something is amiss with hdmi 2. so...

i thought i would have a fight on my hands with sky q if i relegated it to hdmi 2 that was apparently having issues. at first it came up with something like 'this tv doesnt support hdcp. please retry the hdmi....etc' so i power cycled tv and sky q so the hdmi handshake would happen again. it came up fine. i then went into sky q and resolution and re-clicked 2160p so it would then ask what colour i wanted to use ie 8 bit or 10 bit so i chose 8 bit as the tv only supports this and fingers crossed.

so, it would seem some strange occurrences with the hdmis but it hopefully looks like i have it sorted. hope this helps anyone else.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please post on the dedicated Playstation forums:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/English-Forums/ct-p/55

I know you have done so, but just re-read this troubleshooting guide again:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/sound---screen/i-can-t-get...

Cheers

marc.knuckle
Explorer

cheers.

i tried all of those things and eventually got a picture.

first i changed it to hdcp 1.4 but still no picture. but when i moved the hdmi cable to hdmi 3 (which doesnt support 4k) it came on. so now i am running this £350 BEAST at 1080p.  not happy.

any idea when/if a fix is coming?

thanks for the help so far.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not 'in-the-loop' unfortunately in regards to Playstation issues, so I am unable to say if/when a proper fix will be released.

Cheers

marc.knuckle
Explorer

right, so far so good.  i've got it sorted but will post back if any other problems.

so, when i came home today i looked in the tv settings. the only option i could see to change to auto was something to do with the tv mode between gaming, cinema etc for each hdmi. i changed it from something or other to auto. dont know if that did anything though.

then, while connected to hdmi 3 (older hdmi & hdcp standard) i went into safe mode on the ps4 pro thinking i would find the hdcp still on '1.4 hdcp only' but it had reverted back to auto on it's own somehow (?)

then i thought fl**k it and unplugged sky q and put the ps4 pro into hdmi 1 and bang, it worked. it also confirmed the settings it was displaying at were 4k. 

so, the only reason i didnt try hdmi 1 yesterday was because the tv specs state hdmi 1 and 2 are the same. both should be capable of hdmi 2.0a and hdcp 2.2. so all i can think is something is amiss with hdmi 2. so...

i thought i would have a fight on my hands with sky q if i relegated it to hdmi 2 that was apparently having issues. at first it came up with something like 'this tv doesnt support hdcp. please retry the hdmi....etc' so i power cycled tv and sky q so the hdmi handshake would happen again. it came up fine. i then went into sky q and resolution and re-clicked 2160p so it would then ask what colour i wanted to use ie 8 bit or 10 bit so i chose 8 bit as the tv only supports this and fingers crossed.

so, it would seem some strange occurrences with the hdmis but it hopefully looks like i have it sorted. hope this helps anyone else.

marc.knuckle
Explorer

AAAARGH! spoke too soon. 

put it on when i got in from work to check and all was fine, came up fine.

while i went to the gym my wife turned it on to play a dvd and no video output again.  i moved it straight to hdmi 3 and it worked as before just in 1080p.  god! what is happening?