Join now - be part of our community!

Remote Control Problem (RM-ED035)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mikaelos
Visitor

Remote Control Problem (RM-ED035)

I have a Bravia KDL 32EX403. The following problem has appeared on my remote control. When I try to change the channels using the numbers on the rc nothing seems to happen. I can see the green light on the tv flicking but the channels do not change. Every other button on the rc is working fine. When I access youtube on internet tv I can search and add letters with the number buttons which shows that these buttons are not broken. I can only assume I have somehow locked??? the number pad on the rc on the dtv option. Any suggestions on how to change this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mikaelos,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Sorry for the delay I have been trying to find someone who may know the answer..

Can you try the following..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mikaelos,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Sorry for the delay I have been trying to find someone who may know the answer..

Can you try the following..

profile.country.en_GB.title
mikaelos
Visitor

The problem fixed itself the very next day!!!

I haven't done anything specific to address it, it just was back to normal next day and did not experience the same problem since.

Thanks anyway.

I had the 43" Sony 4k TV and this happened. When trying to change the channel, nothing happened, all other buttons on the remote worked, but when using them the sound stayed on the channel I had been watching but no picture. Had to turn TV off on wall socket.

So returned it to the store and had the replacement. 49X8309C Model, and guess what this has the same problem??

I did mail Sony with the problem I had been having with the previous version, never had any feedback or reply. Will try recomendation made by Thalmus, if this does not work TV will be returned to store and I will stick to Panasonic.

cmacneil
Explorer

Hi 9SilverFox23 That's odd. In my case none of the buttons worked for several weeks, then all of a sudden they did! Now, my TV is 7 years old (and thus out of warranty) so I didn't have any replacement options. Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable

@9SilverFox23

Hi there

The solution that Thalamus posted is from over 4 years ago, referring to a TV from the year 2010.

The issue you have described sounds like this one:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2040395#M34633

This is a known issue of which Sony is aware of and is currently working on a fix.

Cheers