Join now - be part of our community!

Sony kdl-42w705b horizontal lines

Rybaak7
Explorer

Sony kdl-42w705b horizontal lines

image.jpg

I have a problem with my sony lcd tv. At first, I realized that the picture shows horizontal black lines divided at about a quarter inch intervals. The black line fades as it approaches the right side of the screen. The lines don't cause a shadow, but it seems to reduce significantly the definition.
Since it doesn't blink, it seems to be different than other issues. Could this be a power supply board problem? Please tell me it is not a bad display. I purchased this back in August 2014. Tried to reset the tv, but nothing.
Please help. Photos attached. Not noticeable enough if I take a pic of the entire screen.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think you might know the answer, but it appears that your TV has developed a hardware fault.  Your best bet is to contact your retailer you purchased it from and claim a warrantee repair.  All else fails, contact Sony Support for them to arrange a repair for you.

Cheers

I have the same exact issue.

Ciuld you please tell me how did you solve yours?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This would be a hardware fault, likely to be the T-Con board and/or LDVS cable.  You will need to contact an authorised Sony repair centre.  See HERE

Cheerx

mpsandrac
New

I also have this problem with my tv which is 18 months old.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Same advice as the others - You will need to contact an authorised Sony repair centre.  See HERE

Cheers