Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-50-W82 Remote Control - Mind of it's own

SOLVED
GregStagg
Explorer

Sony KDL-50-W82 Remote Control - Mind of it's own

G'day

Recently been having issues with the remote control for my TV (as stated in the title). Intermittently, although it is becoming more regular, I press any button on the remote and it will act as if the volume down button is being constantly pressed... Any ideas how to fix / what I'm doing wrong?

I have a Harmon Kardon soundbar connected via HDMI TV (ARC slot though this doesn't seem to work). The TV remote also controls the soundbar after programming the soundbar. The remote shows up on the TV saying 'System volume -' and also turns the soundbar down, this makes me think that's it's a remote control fault. Possibly something to do with batteries?! They have the powercheck which shows there is charge in the battery.

Thanks

Greg

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If in doubt, replace batteries is the first thing to try.

In regards to other issues, have a look at each of the buttons on the remote control and ensure that none are 'stuck' down.  

Im not sure on your issue for the HK Soundbar.  This seems like normal operation to me (assuming the HK soundbar is compatible with HDMI-CEC functions).  

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If in doubt, replace batteries is the first thing to try.

In regards to other issues, have a look at each of the buttons on the remote control and ensure that none are 'stuck' down.  

Im not sure on your issue for the HK Soundbar.  This seems like normal operation to me (assuming the HK soundbar is compatible with HDMI-CEC functions).  

Cheers

GregStagg
Explorer

Struggling to find my question to reply - it seems to be have fixed the problem... Thanks Q!