Join now - be part of our community!

TV only has one inut but keeps turning over..

TV only has one inut but keeps turning over..

Hello,

I have a Sony Bravia KDL40w705C  with a single input - a HDMI connect from a sky multiroom 2nd box.  The TV will randomly switch from HDMI to the RF input, happens 2 - 3 times a day.  Pressing the sky button on the remote does not switch the TV back to HDMI so we have to reselect the input.  The downside to this is that the TV is used by an elderly relative who struggles with the remotes and cannt switch sky back on by herself.  I have observed it switching inputs with no remote being pressed and sometimes whilst changing channels with the paired sky remote even though the tv button has not been pressed on the sky remote.

Please can anyone resolve this for me?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly turn ON the "Control for HDMI" on the Sky box, and ensure Bravia Sync is also ON, on the TV.  This will ensure that the TV selects the HDMI input on the TV once you switch on the Sky box.

In regards to the switch to RF, can you confirm that te Sky box is not switching itself OFF after a set period of time or inactivity?  As this is probably the likely cause.

Cheers

Sky box doesn't have hdmi control, it is the 2nd box that sky supplies with multiroom and no the sky box remains on, it isn't turning on to standby...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As ive never had Sky or any experiencing of their equipment, i really cant advise - as i simply dont know.  Unless another forum member can help, i would suggest contacting Sony Support for their help.

Sorry that i cant help further.

Cheers