Join now - be part of our community!

TV Volume Fixed

TV Volume Fixed

Dear all,

Merry Christmas.

I'm new to this forum and have got a problem.

I have a 6 year old Sony Bravia KDL-46Z5500. I have had no issues with it what so ever.

I have connected to it a Sony surrpound sound Bluray system and a Sky HD + top box.

All are working OK.

My sons got an Xbox One 1tb console for Christmas. Apart from some initial set up rpoblems wit that, that didnt require me going into any tv settings, I now have an issue with the TV sound.

If I use the Sky or TV remote i get a message

TV volume fixed.

I have never seen this before.

If I switch the tv remote to use with the Bluray player I can adjust the volume with no problem from the Sony remote.

However I still cannot use the Sky remote to adjust the volume.

This has only happened since installing the Xbox One.

I have tried accessing the HOME function in an attempt to find anything that has changed in the tv setting but even that has failed. I cannot access it at all.

Clearly the remotes havent been affected because they are not connected.

Does anyone have any ideas what has gone wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Probably is the sky box the interferes with the braviasync protocol, try to disconnect it from the system and see if now it is working .... Sky boxes are known to have problem with HDMI-CEC (aka braviasync) protocol...

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. I have disconnected everything and reconnected including the removal of batteries from the remotes but it remains the same. The only difference is the Xbox One being connected. I have returned it to how it was prior to the Xbox One being connected but it still shows the message: TV volume fixed. Steve