Join now - be part of our community!

TV won't turn on

camwbaman
New

TV won't turn on

My TV, model KDL-32R430B, won't switch on. I've tried the remote, the button on the back of the tv, switching sockets and changing the fuse, but I don't know what to do as none of these have made a difference. Is it the TV, or is it the cable itself that has broken? The LED light won't appear when I press the power button on the remote or TV, and no noise is made either. 

If anyone can tell me what the potential issue is I would be grateful. I don't want to purchase a new wire with the issue being the TV itself. There is no real reason I can think of for the TV to stop working, as it hasn't been dropped or fell over, as it has remained on my table for the last few months. Lastly, the TV is only two years old.

I have followed the different troubleshoots available, as well as attempted a system reset (despite not have one of the buttons necessary), as well as a power reset. There have been, as far as I'm aware, no power surges, blackouts or brownouts in my area recently. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If there is absolutely no power getting to the TV, then there is nothing these forums can advise im afraid.  However I think you might know that already.  I would advise contacting an authorised Sony repair centre for them to diagnose and fix the fault.

See:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers