Join now - be part of our community!

TV wont list movies of my external USB HDD anymore

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
KingUbu
Explorer

TV wont list movies of my external USB HDD anymore

Hi, I have a Bravia KDL 55W829B and till some days ago when plugging my NTFS usb HDD the system told me if I want to open multimedia player. Now it wont do it anymore, and If I open APP menu and select Multimedia Server I see my HDD listed but upon confirming it wont list the movies as done in the past.

I tried with another HDD and with a pendrive with just 1 movie in it but with the same result.

I have also upgraded the firmware

Thank you,

K.ubu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
KingUbu
Explorer

Ok just for your information, I've found that now I need to go to Movie menu and select USB/Home Lan to have those listed instead of pressing Multimedia Server only.

So basically I can't find the multimedia player in the APP list anymore but it's in the Movie menu now.

I don't understand why it changed behaviour ...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
KingUbu
Explorer

Ok just for your information, I've found that now I need to go to Movie menu and select USB/Home Lan to have those listed instead of pressing Multimedia Server only.

So basically I can't find the multimedia player in the APP list anymore but it's in the Movie menu now.

I don't understand why it changed behaviour ...

profile.country.GB.title
KingUbu
Explorer

Hi, I just want to revamp this topic as I realize that I'm not able to navigate my USB HDD.

After pressing "Home" on my remote and selecting "Movies" I get to "USB/Home Network" grid that shows 27 (3*9) movies only and I don't know how to browse all my 1TB HDD.

Could you please help on that? Am I doing it wrong? Is there another way to do that?

Thanks for your help.

K.Ubu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have a lot of movies stored, it can take a while for the TV to scan the HDDand index them.  Suggest leaving the HDD connected for some time and then see if they appear.

Failing that, are the files and codec used in your movies supported by your tv?  You may need to consult the manual for that, or reply back with your tvs model number?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
KingUbu
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

yes I have a lot of files stored but I'm not able to browse the list (except first page with 27 titles) as right after 5 mins the "Movies" menu closes and tv goes back to the channel I was watching to.

Files in the HDD are almost all MKV and MP4 I think they are ok according to the i-Manual.

"More" button on the bottom right is not working.

Model of my TV is Bravia KDL 55W829B.

Thank you,

K.Ubu

IMG_4299.JPG

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

May you select via the option menu the view by folder option?

profile.country.GB.title
KingUbu
Explorer

If you mean the OPTIONS button on the remote, no it's not working (it doesn't change anything). 

Johny3
Explorer

Do you have Checked your external USB HDD to any other TV. Or any friend's TV??? Does it works?? If it wont work then your USB has problem. 

Normis83
Explorer

You need to upload the movies on the external folders, it might resolve your issue. I was having same problem, and I have done the same, it resolve my issue.

profile.country.GB.title
KingUbu
Explorer

Yes, I have connected my HDD to another TV (Toshiba) and it is able to navigate across the folders....