Join now - be part of our community!

USB recording suddenly not recognised on Bravia w900

juiceter
New

USB recording suddenly not recognised on Bravia w900

This is the 2013 40 inch model. Things were fine then all of a sudden it stopped recognising the two memory sticks I use for recording onto on the record USB port. There is nothing wrong with the sticks.

Has a HDD record circuit fault developed? I have tried resetting to factory settings but to no avail.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You may try re-registering the USB for recording. Unfortunately in this way you lose anything recorded onto it
juiceter
New

Yes that's the problem! I have a lot on it Ihaven't watched. I will try and see if i can copy the content to my PC, reregister the drive and then copy back the stuff onto it. If it works I will post again here, but I doubt it will.

Both the sticks just have seemed to be deregistered by the TV. Is there a battery backed system in the TV that deals wityh that or something (like a little watch battery)? Can't think why there would be. Maybe if that is replaced...

Thanks for trying to help anyway 😉

juiceter
New

One stick has started working again! Unfortunately some corruption seems to have occured on the other one and the PC cant read it either. Looks like I'll have to reformat that one...