Join now - be part of our community!

3 questions about my Sony Lifestyle Desktop Blu Ray Machine

GlynIngram
Visitor

3 questions about my Sony Lifestyle Desktop Blu Ray Machine

I bought a Sony Vaio Desktop PC a few months back and am still having a few problems with it. Any help you lot can hopefully provide me with would be much appreciated as the PC is presently doing my head in a bit. I posted one of the three problems last month up on these forums but nobody was much help, because, well, only one person replied! So, I'll mail it again along with my other dilemmas. Prize for the person who can help me. A really good prize too.

1. The sound out of the PC isn't that, well, loud. In fact, when playing some DVDs, you have to have media player and the volume itself on full blast and it still isn't that impressive. In fact, you struggle to hear it. Is there some kind of volume "limit" put on these things that I can override, like Sony do with their European MP3 players? Certainly, my last Vaio Desktop (XP one) was far louder and I never, ever needed the volume anywhere near full pelt! With this one, however....

2. The screen itself is irritating in that, unless you are looking directly at it, straight-on, it is otherwise dark. So, say you're lying in bed watching a film, you can hardly see a damn f----g thing going on on the monitor, even though it's less than two meters away, because you're at an angle. What's all this about? Can it be adjusted? Is it all part of this power-saving thingy? It does my bleedin' nut in.

3. Back to my problem I posted a while back. To cut a very long story short - through little fault of my own - The Blu Ray DVD Player has now locked itself to Region 1, meaning it won't play any Region 2 DVDs. I was usefully told by a previous poster to contact Sony over this (yeah right!) so does anyone else here know how to get round this one as it's doing my head in.

Cheers.

0 REPLIES 0