Join now - be part of our community!

AR21-S MATSHITA BLUE RAY DRIVER ERROR

prednisolon
Visitor

AR21-S MATSHITA BLUE RAY DRIVER ERROR

Hi All,

If anyone can, please do help as I have been trying to get to the root of this problem for a while now and its quite frustrating :cry: . I have an AR21S and whenever I try burning a DVD I get one of these issues listed below;

+When burning DVDs, process stops after 6-7 seconds

+power callibration error

+burns CDs but not DVDs

+after burning CDs they are blank

I dont know if this is relevant but in device manager it recognizes it as Matshita Blue Ray Driver but in my computer is sees it as a DVD-RAM DRIVER.

Firmware upgraded, Various types and brands of CDs and DVDs been tryed, different types of Softwares tried. Uninstalled and reainstalled the hardware.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,

2 REPLIES 2
deliani
Visitor

Same problem!

Can any one help?????

prednisolon
Visitor

I have contacted the Sony VAIO's official support team, and this is what they responded;

Dear Mr Sevgi ,

Thank you for contacting us.
Please carry out the following steps.

Firstly, please ensure that you have downloaded all available updates for your computer at www.vaio-link.com

Also, try some different software to read/write your discs and see if that works. It is also a good idea to try a
different brand of discs - Sony, TDK and Verbatim are all highly recommended.

If this does not resolve the issue, please reinstall the drivers for your drive:

1) Right Click on My Computer and click properties. Click on the Hardware tab and click "Device Manager" This will open the Device Manager.

2) Double Click "CD/DVD - ROM drives" and then double click on your Optical Disk Drive

3) Click on the driver tab & click the uninstall button.

4) Please restart your computer twice.

Has this solved the issue? If not, please try a system restore. You can use System Restore to remove any system changes
that were made since the last time you remember your computer working correctly. System Restore does not affect your personal data files
(such as Word documents, browsing history, drawings, favorites, or email) so you won't lose changes made to these files.

Firstly, restart your computer and keep tapping the F8 key as it boots up. Please select the "Safe Mode" option and press enter.

1) Click Start.

2) Point to All Programs.

3) Point to Accessories.

4) Point to System Tools.

5) Click System Restore.

6) Follow the instructions on the wizard. Please restore the computer back to a date when you know that it was working correctly.

If a system restore does not resolve the issue, then the last option available would be a complete recovery of your system. This will wipe all
data on the hard drive and restore your computer back to its factory settings, so please ensure to backup your important data first.

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/exploration/etutorials/player _recovery.jsp

Have the above steps resolved the issue ?

Regards,

Alan
Sony Vaio-Link Team

This is no help at all as they are not suggestion anything I havent tried already apart from a full system restore, which I have to loose 11 programs, 7 games and so much personal multi media data. This is really annoying, I hope someone have a more rationale answer to this issue. If you find something please do let me know.