Join now - be part of our community!

Built-in Camera

viks
Visitor

Built-in Camera

I have a vaio laptop running vista. I cannot get the built-in camera to run with Sype. Does anybody know how to get it to work?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi viks and welcome to the forum.

Are you using Skype 3.2.0.145? If not then upgrade...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
viks
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I was running v2.5 that came installed with the machine. I have since downloaded the latest version but the problem persists. The puzzling thing is that it has worked a few times. How do you explain that. I suspected that the problem could be due to the second account holder on the laptop having Skype permanently on even when not looged-in, causing device sharing problems. I'm not sure if this is possible but I am despearte! But even after shutting down Skype for the second user, the problem remains.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi viks,

This is strange! I had the same problem with Skype v 2.5 but the upgrade to 3.2.0.145 solved the problem immediately. Does the camera work with Messenger and Vaio Camera capture Utility?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi viks,

What Vaio do you currently have..?

Have you checked and installed the updates for your Vaio ..?

viks
Visitor

I have the AR31s. I have downloaded the latest camera capture utility and it doesn't work either.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi viks,

1. Install Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 from here: -

MicrosoftVista-KB931812-v2-x86

2. Have you installed Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100 from HERE - read the instructions carefully, you need to run the downloaded .exe file TWICE.

:wink:

viks
Visitor

Tried both but still no luck. This is really frustrating...