Join now - be part of our community!

Does anyone know where I can buy a genuine sony replacement battery for my VGN-NR11S laptop please?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Vanzam
Visitor

Does anyone know where I can buy a genuine sony replacement battery for my VGN-NR11S laptop please?

Hi, newbie here!

I've got a VGN-NR11S & had it for about 4 years.  Everything fine except the battery has died (after I went away for a few days, switched it all off & unplugged it then returned to find the battery had died & 'cannot be detected') :slight_frown:  & I'm struggling to find somewhere where I can buy a genuine Sony replacement battery for it - battery VGP-BPS9/B 11.1V / 4800mAh.

I was hoping someone may know where to purchase them from?

Couldnt find anything on the sony site and although there are many places on the internet supplying a VGP-BPS9/B 'compatible' batteries, I'm not sure how 'compatible' they really are?

Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Vanzam,

welcome to Questions & Asnwers..:smileyhappy:

You should be able to purchase a replacement battery from either vaio support, one of Sony's authorised repair partners or an independent retailer..

Here's a link to the Sony support site, click on Vaio & Computing & then enter your vaio's serial number..

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Vanzam,

welcome to Questions & Asnwers..:smileyhappy:

You should be able to purchase a replacement battery from either vaio support, one of Sony's authorised repair partners or an independent retailer..

Here's a link to the Sony support site, click on Vaio & Computing & then enter your vaio's serial number..

Vanzam
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thank you for the quick response.  I'll check out your suggestions.

Thanks.

peshyxp
Visitor

Dude - dont pay extortionate price for battery direct from Sony, have a look on eBay and you will see plenty of people selling nearly new or new original Sony batteries for your laptop

I would be aiming for a target price of £30-£40 at most vs £80+ from authorised Sony retailers!!

The part number is clearly indicated on the battery and i believe for your model its something like VGP-BPS10 or BPS9

Amazon also have sellers with reasonably priced batteries for your model

Important question to ask if buying off eBay is how long will the charge last and is it guaranteed if faulty.

I have bought many batteries from eBay and as long as you check seller has reputable feedback then you should be fine

With non original batteries from China/Hong Kong these may be cheap but Sony generally recommend you dont buy these because quality control may be poor

However I have not heard of any problems myself and if you look at the thousands of satisfied customers who have given feedback on eBay to suppliers selling non OEM batteries I dont think in reality there is any issue as long as you know the potential risks

Hope this helps

Vanzam
Visitor

Hi Peshyxp,

Thanks for your reply.  I'll have a look on ebay too then.  I've tried the Sony contact centre & i'm waiting for a reply from them at the moment so I'll check out other options whilst i'm waiting.

Thanks for the suggestions - its appreciated.

vogler
Explorer

Hi Vanzam.

Did you have any luck with this? I'm in exactly the same position and haven't got anywhere with Sony...

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

vogler@ab65 wrote:

Hi Vanzam.

Did you have any luck with this? I'm in exactly the same position and haven't got anywhere with Sony...

Thanks

Hi volger@ab65,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..

Have you contacted Vaio support.?

If so were Vaio support not able to help you..

Vanzam
Visitor

Hi,

I didnt have much luck I'm afraid.  I spent several days trawling through various sites looking for the specific Sony replacement.

I did try the Sony site and was redirected to a website supplying Sony products & replacements but that site didnt have my battery.

Eventually I emailed a few websites & said I was looking for a genuine Sony replacement to avoid any further complications.  Prices varied from around £70 to £210!

In the end I did order a replacement from a site that I thought was in the UK.  Ended up receiving a battery from China.  Looks genuine & said it was genuine but was never really convinced.

I put the new battery in my laptop & guess what......the laptop couldn't detect it.   Which is exactly what had happened to the original battery.

Still being able to use it on ac adapter I spent another few hours trawling the internet for reviews & forums about it & seemed to find a few Sony Vaio users saying similar things (battery not detected etc) and that they had spoken to Sony representatives & eventually found out it was a motherboard problem.

At this point I lost complete interest & wasnt prepared to waste anymore valuable hours/days going any further on it.  I'm not a techy & find all this very frustrating.

So I gave in & ended up buying a new laptop (Dell XPS & managed to get it almost half price with voucher deals I found) which i am very very happy with at the moment......cant say what will happen in the future......i'm sure something will go wrong with this eventually too!  Nothing lasts forever.

Sorry not much help.  Hope you have more luck than I did.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Vanzam,

Sorry to see you had problems, wish you had let us know before you bought a replacement laptop, did you contact Sony sales or Vaio support..:smileyconfused:

The reason I ask is that as far as I am aware Vaio support do sell replacement batteries for older Vaio's..

flogger12345
Visitor

Hi Vanzam. I think this could be a good excuse to buy a new one. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif