Join now - be part of our community!

Does anyone know where I can buy a genuine sony replacement battery for my VGN-NR11S laptop please?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Vanzam
Visitor

Does anyone know where I can buy a genuine sony replacement battery for my VGN-NR11S laptop please?

Hi, newbie here!

I've got a VGN-NR11S & had it for about 4 years.  Everything fine except the battery has died (after I went away for a few days, switched it all off & unplugged it then returned to find the battery had died & 'cannot be detected') :slight_frown:  & I'm struggling to find somewhere where I can buy a genuine Sony replacement battery for it - battery VGP-BPS9/B 11.1V / 4800mAh.

I was hoping someone may know where to purchase them from?

Couldnt find anything on the sony site and although there are many places on the internet supplying a VGP-BPS9/B 'compatible' batteries, I'm not sure how 'compatible' they really are?

Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks for your time.

25 REPLIES 25
Bonzo-1
Visitor

Hi all ,I got a price for a new Battery direct from Sony This was done by email through there customer services at,

customersupport.en@vaio-link.com

Sony Rechargeable Battery Pack  VGP-BPS9/B  11.1V/4800mAh

This is the reply,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting SONY.

Please be advised that the price is £198.11 including VAT and shipping cost.

:anguished: , I think ill buy a £30 battery from china & take a chance with the software provided with it.

How can i pay £198.11 including VAT and shipping costs when i can get this for £249.99 + £3.99 postage:

Toshiba Satellite C660-195 500GB 15.6 Inch Laptop.
CPU and Memory:
Intel Celeron dual core T3500 processor.
2.1GHz processor speed.
4GB DDR3 RAM memory.
500GB SATA hard drive.

Its refurbished from a major store here in the uk & comes with a full 12 month warrenty,all my family have bought from the same place in the past & they are as new split boxes ect,

Im sorry to say it wont be a sony next time.:smileygrin:

vogler
Explorer

Excellent, thanks Bonzo. Exactly the information we've all been after... and that price might also explain why Sony seem reluctant to publish it!

Screen on my laptop failed last night anyway so doesn't look like this is a problem for me any more... but it is a lesson learnt.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Bonzo-1 wrote:

Sony Rechargeable Battery Pack  VGP-BPS9/B  11.1V/4800mAh

This is the reply,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting SONY.

Please be advised that the price is £198.11 including VAT and shipping cost.

:smileyshocked::smileyshocked::smileyshocked::smileyshocked::smileyshocked::smileyshocked::smileyshocked::smileyshocked:

Bonzo-1
Visitor

Maybe some home work before buying a laptop in future ,I know levano & IBM do the same thing .

I was thinking maybe £60.00 - £70.00 ,but i nearly fell off my chair when i saw sonys price,

I could buy a good Heavy Duty Battery for my Van for half there price,Quality is one thing but being ripped off is another,lol :angry:

Ill give the cheap one from china a go,id rather take a chance and throw away £30.00  than give sony £198.00 to keep  a 4 year old laptop running ,:smileylaugh:

Message was edited by: Bonzo-1

Message was edited by: Bonzo-1

Bonzo-1
Visitor

:smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh: Sorry Thalamus if i also made you fall off your chair too  Definately a shocking price .

At least people know if the battery fails,just remove the hard drive & sell the thing on ebay for parts,Then go buy another ,but preferably something more serviceable ,lol!

Cheers

Bonzo-1

slideboom
Visitor

Sony VGP-BPS9/B Laptop Batteries User Tips:

1.How to charge your new sony replacement laptop battery?

Brand New Sony Laptop Batteries come in a discharged condition and must be fully charged before use. It is recommended that you fully charge and discharge your new battery two to four times to let it to reach its maximum rated capacity.

2. How to Extend the Life of Notebook Battery

Statistically, a typical laptop battery last long for 500 charges / discharges cycles. If you want to your laptop battery last longer than this number, remove the battery once your laptop is plugged into an outlet. If you leave it in, the AC power could cause the battery to overheat and overcharge. Also, Please reduce the laptop LCD's brightness level - Set the screen brightness to lowest level satisfying your needs.

3. How to deal with my Sony VGP-BPS9/B battery pack when it is not used?

Don't leave your battery inactive for extended periods of time. The battery should be re-installed every 3-4 weeks and allowed to fully discharge. Leaving a battery in storage for longer than this without using could cause the battery to fully discharge as the circuitry of the battery itself consumes power.

What should I do for battery storage for a long period of time?

If your MacBook pro 17 inch series laptop batterywill not be in use for a month or longer, it is recommended that it ought to be removed from the device and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.Do not expose the battery to water or other moist/wet substances.

5. How to maximize my laptop battery performance?

Maintain your your battery healthy by fully charging and then fully discharging it at least once every two to three weeks.Besides,exceptions to the rule are Li-ion batteries which do not suffer from the memory effect.It's a wise decision to clean dirty battery contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. This This will help keep a good connection between the battery and your portable device.What's more,keep your battery for Sony VGP-BPS9/B healthy by fully charging and then fully discharging it at least once every two to three weeks. Exceptions to the rule are Li-ion batteries which do not suffer from the memory effect.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for commercial link