Join now - be part of our community!

DRIVER NIGHTMARE ON XL 302

HOCKENHULL
Visitor

DRIVER NIGHTMARE ON XL 302

i HAVE THR XL302 AND I AM HAVING HUGE PROBEELS WITH THE DISLAY. I AM CURRENTLY STILL USING THE SUPPLIED DRIVER WHICH CAME WITH THE MACHINE. HOWEVER THIS HAS ITS PROBLEMS AS IT IS CONNECT TO A SAMSUNG 50 INCH DLP WHICH CAUSES NIGHTMARES WITH THE HDMI HADSHAKE. WHEN YOU TURN THE TV OFF BUT NOT THE COMP AN ERROR MESSAGE STATES THE VIDEO DRIVER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND HAS FULLY RECOERED. ALSO I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET THE ACTUAL WINDOWS SCREEN TO FILL THE TV SCREEN HOWEVER STILL HAVE ABOUT TWO INCHES AROUND THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDES ? IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR THIS. I HAVE TRIED CHAGING THE RESLOTION BUT THE SIDES ARE THE SAME. WINDOWS STATES THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE DRIVER

I HAVE TRIED THE LATEST DOWN LOAD FROM SONY THE WDMD HOWEVER FOR SOME REASON THIS JUST TURNS THE SCREEN EXTREMELY GREEN AND FLOURESCENT WHITES ARE BRIGHT PINK ETC.

I HAVE ALSO TRIED USING THE LATEST FROM NVIDIA HOWEVER THS JUSTMAKES THE SCREEN GO BLANK HESITATES AND THEN GOES BLANK AGAIN. IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE DRIVER R IS IT ME.

CAN ANY BODY HELP WITH THE BEST SET UP AND THE BEST WAY TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE DRIVERS. YOUR HELP IS GREATLY NEEDED BEFORE MY LEFT FOOR GOES THROUGH THE TV

TA

3 REPLIES 3
HOCKENHULL
Visitor

Or I'm thinking about going down th component cable route ! Please help Its causing me a nightmare and driving my grlfried trough thhe roof the amount of time I'm spending trying to sort it out. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

HOCKENHULL
Visitor

I have now tried using component cables to connect the Tv rather then HDMI.

Firsty Media Centre now fills the whole TV full screen. However when switching to 1080i the picture quality is rubbish.Frame keeps jumping even on the Menu screen scrolling between options isn't even smooth. 720p works fine though.

However switching back to the Vista screen again there is about two inches either side of the screen that isn't being used. Iknw it isn't a problem with the TV or cable as I have a playstaion 3 which I have tried and works fine. And also when you play a DVD or Blu ray film through the 302 it fills all the screen from left to right.

Sony eventually came back to me stating that the current driver on the VAIO update page is the driver to use and gave me instuctions on hw to install it. However I followed these instructions and again gota VIVID GREEN SCREEN after completion and o access to the NIVIDIA control panel.
So I'm still having the same nightmare as before I would like some elp if anyone can as I would like to revrt back to HDMI as it gves a far superior picture on my TV for some reason.

Also can anyone tell me what options I should have in the NIVIDIA control panel. I have three otions

3D SETTINGS
DISPLAY
VIDEO AND TELEVISION.

IS THIS CORRECT ? I THINK I SHOULD HAVE SOME MORE OPTIONS ? CAN ANYOE HELP OR ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO PLEASE

GavMack
Visitor

Sorry to hear about your hassle with your XL 302 and the 7600GTL video card, it sounds all too familiar because I had nearly six months of hassle with it driving me around the bend and yes I felt like throwing the PC in the skip or ebaying the thing cos it wasn't fit for purpose.

My solution might seem drastic but I've not been back on this forum in the two months since I did it cos it's working like a dream - I chucked the 7600 card out and replaced it with a Leadtek 8500 GT HDMI for 50 quid - incredible value considering the hours I spent trying to get the old card to work. I should have bought it months before and saved a few more grey hairs!

My post here explains what I did, and I'll add further that since I've sorted the overscan correction in Media center and the whole system works like what I thought it would when I first opened the box.