Join now - be part of our community!

ERROR ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
noelmonk
Visitor

ERROR ?

Hi all,
can anybody please help ? my laptop is ( VAIO VGN-AR31S ) I keep getting this Error when i turn my laptop on. Error. loading c:\windows\system32\yayxw ulm .dll the specified module could not be found. Please help.

RGDS Noel.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Noel,

It is probably a good thing the file cannot be found! You have or have had a Virus.

YAYXW.DLL is a dangerous Trojan/Backdoor.

What Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware software do you have installed? You need to turn off System Restore and run your AV program to remove all of it.

Do a search (including hidden files) for : -

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wxyay.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wxyay.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayxw.dll

And make sure they are deleted. You AV may have done this already but it sounds like the Windows Startup entry is still there and needs deleting also. Have a look in MSCONFIG.

Turn System Restore back on and create a Restore Point.

:wink:

noelmonk
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,
at the moment i am using the free AVG Anti -Virus, and my Anti-Spyware is Webroot Spy sweeper. i have looked in all the places you sugested, including MSCONFIG, but i cant find it anywere. Do you think if i bought Norton Anti-virus, would this software find and get rid of the problem.? I thank you for your quick responce.

Best Regards Noel.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I would try a free trial of Eset Nod32, or windows live Onecare before having to buy Norton.

Nod32

Onecare

I would also only install / run one antivirus at a time :slight_smile:

@5528097000005097
Visitor

AVG free is actually very good at detection, not so sure about removal though, I prefer to locate the infected file/folder and delete it manually (use the free unlocker program if it won't shift.)

I know it can be a pain, but also recommend enabling scheduled daily scans in AVG settings, it usually finds anything nasty.