Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI Output

tychowesselius
Visitor

HDMI Output

Hi,
I possess a VGN-FZ21M laptop with HDMI output support. Since my receiver can't handle an output signal to a full HD television after it receives an HDMI signal from my laptop, I try to split the HDMI signal into 2 signals with an HDMI splitter (works perfectly with my DVD player). But my laptop doesn't detect the splitter nor the TV (Sharp Aquos full HD) or the receiver (Denon AVR-3806) so I can't give my notebook the order to send audio and video through my HDMI jack. How can I let my notebook send HDMI signals even though it doesn't detect any display or device? It would be great if someone has an answer to this! :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Tycho

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tycho,

What splitter are you using? Is the splitter HDCP compliant? The splitter must be able to return the HDCP flags from both pieces of equipment and combine these to persuade the Vaio that there is one output. I wonder if the different HDMI formats from the Denon and the TV is preventing the handshake.

The lack of a Digital Optical Output connection on the FZ series is a serious omission.

:slight_frown: