Join now - be part of our community!

Kensington Lock on SVT1511C5E?

profile.country.en_GB.title
daveple
New

Kensington Lock on SVT1511C5E?

Has anyone managed  to find where the Kensington Lock slot is on the SVT1511C5E?  This is a cool ultrabook, but I ain't taking my new VAIO Ultrabook to the loo with me at Starbucks, or if I'm in a large shared clients office!

Message was edited by: daveple

Just corrected the spelling of Kensington!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi daveple and welcome.

Where have you seen that this model has a Kensington Lock? I can't find the full specifications for your actual SVT15" model but all the other SVT13" Ultrabooks do not have a Kensingtoin Lock: -

SVT.jpg

daveple
New

:anguished: Thanks Blencogo, I think you are right - I thought it was standard to have a Kingston Lock - who would own a piece of equipment they travel with costing well over £1000 without a Kingston Lock - all my other equipment (Projector etc) has a Kingston Lock!!  Thankfully I purchased from Sony Direct and they have a no quibble 30 money back guarantee. 

I will be calling Sony in the morning and see what they suggest in order for me to lock my new Ultrabook, else I may have to wait for the new Thinkpad 15" Touch after-all, as I'm sure it will have a Kingston Lock!

Are there any other solutions out there for equipment that has no Kingston Lock - perhaps I'm missing sometheing?

daveple
New

I've contacted Sony and they said:

"In response to your query, we would like to inform you that due to design and size issues on the VAIO casing, the Kensington Lock is not possible on the Sony VAIO"

I have looked into this quite extensively, and was relieved to find that you can get a lock which screws into the VGA port however when I checked, the VGA port doesn't have any screws on either side!!!  Anyone else with any other suggestions, else I'm afraid I am going to have to return this lovely ultrabook under the 30 day money back guarantee.  I simply can't take the risk of it being stolen when I am in a public place if I can't lock it!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi daveple,

Kensigton it would seem are aware that ultrabooks may not have a slot and have a possible solution - Security Slot Adapter Kit for Ultrabook ..:smileywink: