Join now - be part of our community!

SONY NONE HELP SERVICE

profile.country.en_GB.title
milmead
Visitor

SONY NONE HELP SERVICE

I KNOW I AM WRITING IN CAPITALS BUT THIS DESERVES A LOUD SHOUT. I TOOK DELIVERY OF MY NEW SVS151C WHICH WAS PURPOSE BUIT FOR ME ON MONDAY - THEY DELIVERED LATE OF THE PROMISED DATE OF COURSE. TOOK A COUPLE OF DAYS FAMILIARISING MYSELF WITH WINDOWS 8 ETC AND THEN WENT OUT OF TOWN TIL FRIDAY WHEN I TURNED IT ON AGAIN. THERE WAS A LOUD FAN LIKE NOISE EMINATING WHICH MY HUSBAND IMMEDIATELY NOTICED AS WELL AS SO PROMINENT. SPENT THE MORNING ON THE PHONE TO SONY WHO KEPT PASSING ME TO AND FRO UNTIL I EXPLODED AND EXPLAINED THIS IS THE ROLLS ROYCE OF PRODUCTS AND THE SERVICE WAS THAT OF A CLAPPED OUT EASTERN EUROPEAN CAR. THEY ACCEPTED THEY WOULD RING ME BACK WHICH THEY DID WITHIN AN HOUR AND WAS TOLD I HAD TO SEND IT BACK FOR REPAIR! I WAS FURIOUS AND SAID THEY NEEDED TO DO BETTER. WAS RUNG BACK AGAIN AND TOLD SOMEONE HIGHER WOULD CONTACT ME HOPEFULLY THAT DAY! SILENCE SINCE BUT NOT OF COURSE FROM THE MACHINE. I AM THINKING ABOUT CONTACTING MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO STOP PAYMENT IF POSSIBLE AND DUMPING SONY. THIS IS APPAULING SERVICE. I HAVE AN OLD ACER FROM PC WORLD AND THEIR ATTENTION IS ROLLS ROYCE IN COMPARISON. ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

5 REPLIES 5
-Soup-
Visitor

Dear milmead,

Your post has been escalated to Sony and you should be contacted soon. Please do let us know if this is not the case.

Kind Regards,

-Soup-

Forum Moderator

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi milmead,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Hopefully someone from Sony has been in contact with you to discuss & hopefully resolve your problem..

Could you please confirm that someone has indeed been in contact & that your problem has been resolved..

milmead
Visitor

Many thanks for the replies. I had a long talk with Sony yesterday and they are in the process of trying to sort me a new machine  whilst keeping this dinasaur til the new one arrives! I seem to have a number of problems but not sure some of them are not just due to Windows 8 but that remains to be proved. Your responses have been much appreicated. Taken me til today to be able to access this site!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

milmead wrote:

Many thanks for the replies. I had a long talk with Sony yesterday and they are in the process of trying to sort me a new machine  whilst keeping this dinasaur til the new one arrives! I seem to have a number of problems but not sure some of them are not just due to Windows 8 but that remains to be proved. Your responses have been much appreicated. Taken me til today to be able to access this site!

Hi milmead,

thanks for posting back, glad to read that progress is being made please could you keep us upto date if possible..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

milmead wrote:

Many thanks for the replies. I had a long talk with Sony yesterday and they are in the process of trying to sort me a new machine whilst keeping this dinasaur til the new one arrives! I seem to have a number of problems but not sure some of them are not just due to Windows 8 but that remains to be proved. Your responses have been much appreicated. Taken me til today to be able to access this site!

Hi milmead,

I'm guessing that you have received a replacement model now, hope everything is ok now..:smileyconfused: