Join now - be part of our community!

LAPTOP sony vaio ( vpcee2e1e) speakers not working:(

LAPTOP sony vaio ( vpcee2e1e) speakers not working:(

hi everyone i need help on my laptop speakers, its not working no sound coming out. But whenever I use my external speakers and headphones it does work. I tried reinstalling the drivers and checking the sound settings. I wonder if this is a speaker problem already:( Is it possible for it to be a speaker problem eventhough when i connect an external speaker and headphones it works? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bianca_121985,

Yes it could be a hardware problem even though sound is audible from headphones and external speakers. I experianced this problem earlier this year - no sound from internal speakers unless pressure was applied to the casing in the area of the power switch. It was sent off for repair (under warranty) by Sony and apparently new speakers were fitted - all OK since then.

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Ohhh! Do u have any idea how much would that cost? And by the way thanks for answering, now i can really rule out that software problem... I did everything, i even restore my laptop.. Thanks a bunch!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bianca_121985

I don’t have any idea of the cost of repair on my unit as it was carried out under warranty but if your machine is past the warranty period I suggest you contact an independent repairer – cost of repair should not exceed £120 excluding collection and return.

Just as a matter of interest have you tried applying pressure to the casing immediately to the right/just below of the power on/off button to see whether the inboard sound works? This will only usually work whilst pressure is applied….

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat