Join now - be part of our community!

m2ts files video assembly

Ciolman
Visitor

m2ts files video assembly

Hello,
I try to make video assembly with files resulting from a Sony Cam with hard disk.
These files once imported on my PC are with the m2ts format (HD). Although not recognizing this extension, Windows Media Player is able to read them. On the other hand Windows Media Maker can nothing make with.
I also tested with Adobe First Element which was pre-installed on my PC : even punishment.

While seeking on the Net, I ended up finding Vegas movie Platinum Studio (from Sony Creative Software) which arrives at reading and exporting these files m2ts, but, it seems to me, can engrave only DVD, and not of Blu-ray.

Therefore, do you have experience on the video assembly of this type of files, and which software you use?

Thank you for your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ciolman,

It is a great mystery why Adobe Premiere Elements does not support AVCHD.

There are three popular Video Editing programs available that will edit m2ts files. Unfortunately, they all seem to have their faults, so look at the specifications and choose for yourself.

I use VideoStudio 11.5 Plus which does support all makes of camera (not just Sony) and also supports Blu-Ray, HD-DVD and DVD authoring.

VideoStudio 11.5 Plus

The other popular one is Pinnacle Studio Plus HD. Some people say it is very good but I have had bad experiences with it crashing at the most annoying times.

Pinnacle Studio Plus HD

The other is the Sony Vegas product which only works with Sony Camcorders. You have already looked at this one.

As I said, you must choose - it is difficult to recommend one!!

:slight_frown:

Ciolman
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: