Join now - be part of our community!

Material Quality Issues

sraikos
Visitor

Material Quality Issues

Hi all,
I have purchased a vaio notebook VGN AR 61M 2 months ago. Everything is allright until now, except that the material used by Sony seem to be quite cheep. It was quite dissapointing to notice paint removal on the frontal surface around the wireless switcher after only 2 months of use. It seems to me that that cover can be replaced. Does anybody know if such stuff can be found in the market?
Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
broochie
Visitor

Hi all,
I have purchased a vaio notebook VGN AR 61M 2 months ago. Everything is allright until now, except that the material used by Sony seem to be quite cheep. It was quite dissapointing to notice paint removal on the frontal surface around the wireless switcher after only 2 months of use. It seems to me that that cover can be replaced. Does anybody know if such stuff can be found in the market?
Cheers

Hi there, about your incident, well that makes two of us now. When you say cover do you mean the bottom cover? Well if you mean that one, then in another 2months u will b hunting another one. :cry: Eversince noticing it, l havent touched that wireless switch, in fear of speeding the rate of the paint coming off. :laughing:

sraikos
Visitor

I wouldn' t call it a "bottom" cover, but I guess we are talking about the same thing. English is not my mother language so I "quit"! I am attaching a picture I shot to see what I mean.
Cheers

broochie
Visitor

2months old... :anguished: ... that switch is doing more work than the laptop itself, to be in such condition, though the painting does fall off easily...... :smileythinking:

sraikos
Visitor

Unfortunately you are right! I don’ t know…maybe it was my bad luck. I tend to handle all my things with care so I really can’ t explain that. Now I count on sony’ s tech support service, which is reliable. Once the wear is fixed I will never ever touch the switcher again!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I have experienced exactly the same with my AR31S around the memory stick slot :cry: :cry: