Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with AR11S monitor - can anyone help?

kissenger
Visitor

Problem with AR11S monitor - can anyone help?

Hello all. I was just watching an avi file on my VAIO when the colour on my monitor messed up all of a sudden, not just in media player itself, but on everything.

I can still make out clearly whats on the screen, but the colour has reduced to the quality you get when you start your computer in safe mode.

Does anyone have any clue as to what might have happend? Anyone have this problem themselves? Most importantly, does anyone know how I might be able to fix it? (I've already tried a restart, a restore, and a reinstall of the monitor by disabling it and then restarting my laptop).

Oh, btw, when I hook my VAIO upto my HDTV the colour works fine. That leads me to believe it's a hardware problem and that they computer I spent £1700 on just last year is busted. :slight_frown:

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Is it the colour or the general quality and size of icons on desktop that has changed.

Have you tried adjusting your display settings?

(Right click a space on the desktop - personalise)

Sometimes when and after hooking my AR up to the Bravia the display value changes.

kissenger
Visitor

It's all colours that are messed up. I.e. not just icons.

Also, I tried changing the resolution already, and the colour is messed up even at lower resolutions.

This sucks.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Have you tried a system restore to a point before you watched the avi?

kissenger
Visitor

Yes mate, tried that. No luck.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Ahh yes, sorry you said that above D'oh

Maybe something has affected the graphics driver - perhaps uninstalling then reinstalling may help.
(create a restore point first in case)

Edit - and have you had a tinker in the Nvidia control panel?)

kissenger
Visitor

I'll try reinstalling the graf drivers - they could definitely be the source of the problem.

I've tried messing with a few settings in the Nvidia panel, but nothing came of it.

Thanks for your help, btw.

I'll post later, once I've reinstalled drivers.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries

If that doesn't sort it then a full reinstall may do the job, but that would be a real pain.

kissenger
Visitor

I just finished reinstalling my nvidia drivers and it hasn't fixed the problem. It did nothing.

kissenger
Visitor

Also, if even the colour on the initial VAIO screen is messed up, will a full reinstall even do the trick?

I don't know too much about computers, but I wouldn't have thought it would.

I don't want to have to do a full reinstall, but if that will fix my problem, then I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Also, my system is dual boot and when I go onto vista, I have the same problem as with XP.