Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with NVIDIA Graphics - Vaio VPCZ13C5E

trixt83
New

Problem with NVIDIA Graphics - Vaio VPCZ13C5E

Hi Guys

I have a Vaio Z Series, which is about 2 years old. It has the Speed, Stamina and Auto options switch.

Apparently there is some sort of issue regarding compatibility with NVIDIA graphics card. I'm not that technical so don't understand too much about this. However, this particular page describes my issue - http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCZ13GGXB&upd_id=6053&os_id=47

The only thing is - it is a US site and therefore my UK model number is not listed.

Please can someone advise if they know the solution to this because I have read lots of different pieces of information. However, the common theme is that the Vaio Z series have major issues with NVIDIA compatibility.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi trixt83,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

The link you provided simply allows you to download the original graphics drivers & instructs you on how to install them..

Do you have an graphics error similar to the one mentioned in the link.?

error.JPG

You can download the drivers for your Vaio model from your vaio's support site -  VPCZ13C5E Downloads & Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities

but if you do not currently have a issue then re-installing the oringinal graphics drivers is not likely to do much..:smileywink:

trixt83
New

Hey thanks for your reply.

Yes I do receive the "!" error but it depends on what setting the switch is set to!

Do you suggest I use the link you provided and download the drivers again?

Thanks

trixt83
New

Hi Guys

Still having the same problem and the fan is constantly overheating. This is especially the case whenever a video is played.

I checked for dirt/dust and it is fine. The problem is the NVIDIA card. Can anyone advise on the correct drivers and where I can download them as I am told Sony does not support NVIDIA, which is crazu considering how much I played for the laptop!

Thanks

profile.country.el_GR.title
Fender67
Explorer

Hi,

You can always install a driver from the official Nvidia website BUT you will need to edit the installer nvszc or nvszcn manually for allow it to install.
It's very easy if you know what you are doing.
Please post your GPU hardware ID and if you need any help let me know.

Regards,