Join now - be part of our community!

Realtek Sound Card Problem

masoodKh
Visitor

Realtek Sound Card Problem

Dear all,
I've got a problem with my sound card and wondered if you could spare a moment and help me out.
The problem is that while playing a music or a video clip, the sound frequently freezes for a second, i.e. still playing that particular tone, and then it continues normally. Meanwhile the CPU usage shots up.
If I execute sth while playing, this happens more frequently.
My system:
Sony VAIO laptop VGN-FS285H - Pentium M Centrino 1.73 GHz - Realtek High Def. Sound card -WinXP-Pro-SP2

I have installed/reinstalled:
- Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio (Tried both
KB835221 and the newer KB888111)
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
- Latest DirectX

But the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to response.
Kind Regards,
Masood

PS: I also have WinXP-Home and FC5 installed in my computer; both of them are OK.

47 REPLIES 47
masoodKh
Visitor

Hello gain,
I wanted to add that Windows standard clicks and sounds also show the same behavoir. I also did a thorough process checking with Process Explorer, nothing suspicious found, except 'Interrupts' which sometimes takes up to 90% of cpu usage. I don't know if this is normal or not. System is reported to be virus-free using updated Norton 2004.
I appreciate any comment.
Thanks.

Dear all,
I've got a problem with my sound card and wondered if you could spare a moment and help me out.
The problem is that while playing a music or a video clip, the sound frequently freezes for a second, i.e. still playing that particular tone, and then it continues normally. Meanwhile the CPU usage shots up.
If I execute sth while playing, this happens more frequently.
My system:
Sony VAIO laptop VGN-FS285H - Pentium M Centrino 1.73 GHz - Realtek High Def. Sound card -WinXP-Pro-SP2

I have installed/reinstalled:
- Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio (Tried both
KB835221 and the newer KB888111)
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
- Latest DirectX

But the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to response.
Kind Regards,
Masood

PS: I also have WinXP-Home and FC5 installed in my computer; both of them are OK.

Esmarelda99
Visitor

I can't actually help you but I have the same problem with my VGN-FS515H which is less than a month old. Just thought id let you know you're not the only one suffering, though im not sure if thats at all reassuring! My sound was actually fine up until last week, which might have been when i started using sonicstage, so i wonder if that makes a difference.

masoodKh
Visitor

Well .. what can I say ... somebody should be out there helping us out of this mess!
Just wanted to let you know that at least for me, the problem has nothing to do with Sonicstage as I'm not using it and actually installed it after the problem appeared.
I've just practically reinstalled every driver/utils, the problems is still there ...
Regards
Masood

I can't actually help you but I have the same problem with my VGN-FS515H which is less than a month old. Just thought id let you know you're not the only one suffering, though im not sure if thats at all reassuring!  My sound was actually fine up until last week, which might have been when i started using sonicstage, so i wonder if that makes a difference.

masoodKh
Visitor

BTW, try to see if the people at eSupport have any idea:
https://e-support.vaio-link.com/eSupport/PortalJSP/Portal.jsp

They haven't responded to my question. I guess that's because my 1-year warrantee has just expired.

And do let me know plzzzzzz if you get any response.
Thanks.

gilsan83
Visitor

I've got the same problem for the sound, I just get my laptop and I've got this sound very badly avoiding me to watch any movie

Someone can help

thanks a lot

Gilles

icetdog
Visitor

Hi.....and i'got the same problems with my VGN-FE21SR, but only, when i listen music in Winamp((((

I think that it's bad sound card((

So, what are we going to do)??

icetdog
Visitor

Hi.....and i'got the same problems with my VGN-FE21SR, but only, when i listen music in Winamp((((

I think that it's bad sound card((

So, what are we going to do)??

radie
Visitor

Me too...been putting up with it since June...any advice would be welcomed.

Resonate
Visitor

There is currently an update on micosoft downloads try that if you already have not :slight_smile: