Join now - be part of our community!

Realtek Sound Card Problem

masoodKh
Visitor

Realtek Sound Card Problem

Dear all,
I've got a problem with my sound card and wondered if you could spare a moment and help me out.
The problem is that while playing a music or a video clip, the sound frequently freezes for a second, i.e. still playing that particular tone, and then it continues normally. Meanwhile the CPU usage shots up.
If I execute sth while playing, this happens more frequently.
My system:
Sony VAIO laptop VGN-FS285H - Pentium M Centrino 1.73 GHz - Realtek High Def. Sound card -WinXP-Pro-SP2

I have installed/reinstalled:
- Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio (Tried both
KB835221 and the newer KB888111)
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
- Latest DirectX

But the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to response.
Kind Regards,
Masood

PS: I also have WinXP-Home and FC5 installed in my computer; both of them are OK.

47 REPLIES 47
radie
Visitor

Blencogo, Resonate, David

You are the tops!!!!!!!!

Can't begin to explain the difference you have made!!

The uninstall worked a treat.

Send me your address for payment! :slight_smile:

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

Resonate
Visitor

Blencogo, Resonate, David
Send me your address for payment! :slight_smile:

Its ok radie, its enough to no that your problem has been solved it took us a while. I think we have re-invented the defination Trail & error there was not much error to be left i dont think :smileygrin: Just hope you dont keep the neighbours up with your loud sounds all night LOL :party: :party: :party:

rokko-italy
Visitor

Good afternoon, I'm rocco and I'm writing from italy!
Thanks for all suggestions!
I've read all the discussion because I had the same problem... sound not good, with every software I've tried. and also welcome sound was bad... but with the primary IDE drivers deinstallation, and after a reboot, the system have reinstalled components automatically.... now it's everything perfect!!! also the speed of other application is improved, is there a connection?? thanks again, in particular to blencogo, resonate and ddf... you are the tops!

Resonate
Visitor

Good afternoon, I'm rocco and I'm writing from italy! 
Thanks for all suggestions!
I've read all the discussion because I had the same problem... sound not good, with every software I've tried. and also welcome sound was bad... but with the primary IDE drivers deinstallation, and after a reboot, the system have reinstalled components automatically.... now it's everything perfect!!! also the speed of other application is improved, is there a connection?? thanks again, in particular to blencogo, resonate and ddf... you are the tops!

Hey rokko-italy its good to no that your all working & running as normal. Hope its ok over there in Italy cause i need a Hol & that my destination im thinking of.........

Bipbop
Visitor

I have Device 0 at DMA level 5, and Device 1 at DMA level 2.

I too finally got my Vaio going by uninstalling the Primary IDE driver and get the above results.

DMA Level 5 from PIO makes such a difference: 30 seconds to load windows (instead of 3 minutes), Logging in, almost instant (instead of another couple of minutes).

Thanks to you all who contributed. :heart_eyes:

gilsan83
Visitor

Hello
I had the same problem months ago
I called the responsaible and I sent back my VAIO to the manufacture.
What they did is to reinitalize the laptop and now all s perfect.
So if you have this problem retore the first application software of VAIO and the freeze should disapear.

Gilles :wink:

Halleluia.

to start with, Blencogo you are a king. If i was in your neighbourhood you would get a massive round of beers for the help! Or whatever you drink. And Resonate you would be greatly welcome for your efforts also!

Problem is gone. Sound perfect, overall performance of the laptop are now amazing. Startup in 3 and a half seconds. Or well at least performances are back to what they are supposed to be for what i paid!

The resolution was very simple: i just desintalled the drivers of the Primary IDE, and rebooted. No hotfix no nothing.

I was chocked in the reboot to see the Welcome page after just a few seconds, and a few seconds more, i was into Windows! DVD got automatically reinstalled also in the reboot.
I have Device 0 at DMA level 5, and Device 1 at DMA level 2. I'll call it a go!

Even WMP11 is working as a charm, so i give it a chance :slight_smile:

Again, thanks for the help, you rock!

cheers,
david

Many thanks for this information. I posted a query earlier today but this seems to be the answer to my problems. I too have had video clips interrupted, poor sound on dvd's and freezing frames and interruptions on Skype.

The only problem is....... I don't know where to go to deinstall the Primary IDE! Can anyone help me please?
Many thanks in advance,
Veronica

Halleluia.

to start with, Blencogo you are a king. If i was in your neighbourhood you would get a massive round of beers for the help! Or whatever you drink. And Resonate you would be greatly welcome for your efforts also!

Problem is gone. Sound perfect, overall performance of the laptop are now amazing. Startup in 3 and a half seconds. Or well at least performances are back to what they are supposed to be for what i paid!

The resolution was very simple: i just desintalled the drivers of the Primary IDE, and rebooted. No hotfix no nothing.

I was chocked in the reboot to see the Welcome page after just a few seconds, and a few seconds more, i was into Windows! DVD got automatically reinstalled also in the reboot.
I have Device 0 at DMA level 5, and Device 1 at DMA level 2. I'll call it a go!

Even WMP11 is working as a charm, so i give it a chance :slight_smile:

Again, thanks for the help, you rock!

cheers,
david

Many thanks for this information. I posted a query earlier today but this seems to be the answer to my problems. I too have had video clips interrupted, poor sound on dvd's and freezing frames and interruptions on Skype.

The only problem is....... I don't know where to go to deinstall the Primary IDE! Can anyone help me please?
Many thanks in advance,
Veronica

I found out I needed to go into Device Manager, uninstalled the drivers of the Primary IDE and rebooted. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. Any help and advice would be appreciated. it is doing my head in!!
Vron