Join now - be part of our community!

Replacement DVD Drive

EABSD
Visitor

Replacement DVD Drive

Hi All,

I'm looking for a replacement DVD drive for a VGN – SZ3XWP but have been unable to find one anywhere. I've scoured the Sony website but they only seem to provide drives for newer models of laptops.

The drive I currently have is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ08425. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
broochie
Visitor

Hi All,

I'm looking for a replacement DVD drive for a VGN – SZ3XWP but have been unable to find one anywhere. I've scoured the Sony website but they only seem to provide drives for newer models of laptops.

The drive I currently have is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ08425. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

The drive in your laptop is actually a 9.5mm drive, & trust me its very hard to find, but you can get between, the Optiarc AD-7913A or Optiarc AD-7910A, both of them are 9.5mm drives made by Sony/Nec the difference between the two is that the Optiarc AD-7913A has Labelflash, which is similar to Lightscribe thats all. One thing for sure, they are going to be a little bit expensive than your normal 12.7mm drives.... So if u can get any of the above simply swap the bezels & thats is, no custom fitting is done on the drive prior to fitting in the SZ series.. goodluck :wink: Try & visit http://www.span.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_305_382&products_id=15986&osCsid=33580f

EABSD
Visitor

Thanks for the help broochie. :slight_smile: