Join now - be part of our community!

Replacing the VGX-XL302 Keyboard with a Microsoft One.

iainhalder
Visitor

Replacing the VGX-XL302 Keyboard with a Microsoft One.

HI,

I have the SONY VGX-XL302. I don't like the dinky keyboard (now with a dodgy "i" button) and the too small for my fingers touchpad and want to replace it with a new Microsoft Wireless Entertanment keyboard and independent mouse. These are the wireless Mouse and Keyboard 7000 series.

I installed the software and made use of the microsoft bluetooth USB dongle and new keyboard and mouse worked very well.

However when I powered down and restarted the new keyboard was not recognised and I had to remove the bluetooth dongle and use tthe SONY keyboard to get any response. When I power up with the SONY keyboard connected and stick the dongle in the new keyboard and mouse works.

This means I power up wth the SONY keyboard and then insert the dongle in order to use the new keyboard and mouse.

How do I switch off the recever for the VAIO? I want to be able to use the new keyboard and independent wireless mouse from now on.

I'm assumng that I should go into SYSTEM->DEVICES but I cannot see anything there that will do what I want.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0