Join now - be part of our community!

Screen brigntness won't change after sleep

SOLVED
coliin

Screen brigntness won't change after sleep

I have a new Sony Vaio Pro that has a problem with the brightness control. If I close the lid of the computer (provided it has been started at least a few minutes) and then open it again then the screen is significantly dimmed and the brightness cannot be changed - the slider moves but nothing else happens. The windows brightness control doesn't work and neither does the ambient light sensor. It only starts working again after a reboot.

The problem happens whether the computer is on mains or battery power. If the computer is put to sleep with the power button and then woken immediately then there is no problem - but if it is left for a period of time (I'm not sure exactly how long - but probably about 20 minutes) then it does still cause the brightness problem.

Does anyone else have this problem? I notice reports of similar problems on the US site following the latest version of the Sony care software - and a note that the engineers are looking into it. Is this known to Sony UK at all? I am trying to contact Sony support about the issue.

Regards,

Colin.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Caszum

Having the same issue with my SVP1321C5E