Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Customer Service - needs an upgrade

profile.country.en_GB.title
Pat_Mustard
Visitor

Sony Customer Service - needs an upgrade

Its sad that these wonderful communities become polluted by one post wonders who get upset about orders going astray, products going wrong etc. But doesn't this tell Sony something?

I placed an order on Saturday for an Outlet laptop... but by Sunday it said there were stock shortages... no problem as "these things happen". So I rang on Monday and the customer service agent confirmed it wasn't there... so order cancelled.

Mysteriously, the item reappeared on the Tuesday... so this time I rang to confirm the item was definitely in stock. Yep, that was confirmed, but I couldn't use my 5% off voucher... no hassle again... if it meant getting what I wanted. So order placed, item in stock, dispatch by close of play Wednesday, laptop here for the weekend... happy days!

Until I checked the order - the despatch address was completely wrong... so another call. Fixed. Oh, no it isn't! Another mistake! So after giving my delivery address for the third time it finally looks reasonable.

Then the same thing happened - order out of stock. So I rang again to be reassured that the item was processing through some system Sony have. So we get to Wednesday afternoon... to see exactly the same status. No progression of my order. Funnily enough, I have some work to do in between trying to expedite my order so didn't think anything more of it. I had faith, it will be sent.

So we get to Thursday... no status change. This time, I'm told there is a "block on the account" even though you have taken the cash out of my account. Why was it put there? I can't be told why. Actually, I think I can and you have to tell me, but that's another matter and I don't have time to fix your Data Protection policies.

So have now been told 2-4 working days. So may get it sometime next week.

This crappy experience is a mere pimple on the backside of life... but life should be about walking along and smelling the roses, not having to do battle with a faceless behemoth of a corporation who desperately require a substantial firmware upgrade to customer service.

Its also put me off Sony as a brand for a while. Sony used to be about high class - from its products to its service. You're now another box shifter who have scant regard for their paying punters.

0 REPLIES 0