Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio HD 4000 updated graphics drivers?

profile.country.GB.title
backudog123
New

Sony Vaio HD 4000 updated graphics drivers?

I have a sony vaio SVE1512B1EW laptop which has an intel hd 4000 graphics chip wotsit in it, and i've noticed that intel have released new drivers for it, (version 15.31.3.64.3071) i have version 9.17.10.2932) can i update using the intel ones or are Sony going to update the vaio ones themselves soon? im not having problems with my drivers, i just like to have the latest ones where possible! any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi backudog123 and welcome.

Responsibility for providing updated graphics drivers for Intel chipsets is with Sony.  If you have a particular problem, then contact Sony Support for advice - otherwise I would leave well alone.

There are Intel updates frequently but unless the upgrade is for a problem on your model it may do nothing - or worse it may cause a problem.  Sony will update the driver if it is needed.

You cannot install a driver from the Intel website as the process is locked by Sony and the installer .EXE will not run.  If you really need an updated driver to provide additional functionality you may be able to download the .ZIP version of the driver and unzip it, then try to install it through Device Manager using the 'Have Disc' method but I am unsure if it will work.

:wink: