Join now - be part of our community!

sony vayo SVE1513S1E

SOLVED
catalin1995
Explorer

sony vayo SVE1513S1E

Hy i have a problem with my vayo laptop.I can't acces recovery meniu it all.I just can to reinstal the windows with a stick or DVD.So i need the version of windows 8 is instaled to get another one to instal and this version will activate with the code that is on the hard disk(the opertor told me so) or another solution is to buy a new windows with 60 euros.So what version of windows 8 is instaled on 

SVE1513S1E?

Thank you .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi catalin1995 and welcome.

Your Vaio will have an OEM version of "Windows 8" installed.  'Windows 8' is the base version - it is NOT Windows 8 Pro, Enterprise or RT.

If you install a retail version of Windows 8 it should automatically activate as you say - however, you will lose all the Sony preinstalled software and drivers.  You can download and install the drivers but will lose any programs.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1513S1EW/updates

Did you make a set of Recovery Discs?

How have you tried to access the Recovery software?

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
catalin1995
Explorer

an answer,please,who knows?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi catalin1995 and welcome.

Your Vaio will have an OEM version of "Windows 8" installed.  'Windows 8' is the base version - it is NOT Windows 8 Pro, Enterprise or RT.

If you install a retail version of Windows 8 it should automatically activate as you say - however, you will lose all the Sony preinstalled software and drivers.  You can download and install the drivers but will lose any programs.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1513S1EW/updates

Did you make a set of Recovery Discs?

How have you tried to access the Recovery software?

:thinking:

catalin1995
Explorer

With the button "assistent" from the keyboard.Anyway the point is i can't acces the recovery meniu no longer.

catalin1995
Explorer

after that,have i any chance to solve this without spending another money?

And thanks for your answer!