Join now - be part of our community!

(SVT1312M1ES) Windows 7 installation problem

SOLVED

(SVT1312M1ES) Windows 7 installation problem

Hi!

I tried to install Windows 7 on my new laptop because I don't like Win8. I used Gparted to delete all partitions on hard drive! ALL partitions including recovery partition. So hard drive is totally empty! Then I started to install Windows 7. Everything went fine but then I got this error message: "Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware". I tried to use different Win7 discs but it did not help. What causes this error and is there any solution? And even if Win7 installs normally, is there drivers for it or can I use Win8 drivers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi pekka.ylinen,

A possible reason for receiving this message is that you are using a Windows 7 installation disk that doesn’t include SP1. Google the error message for more information.

For details of how to slipstream SP1 to a Windows 7 installation disk have a look at this very useful tutorial – not for the feint hearted…

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/145343-slipstream-windows-7-sp1-into-installation-dvd-iso-file....

Even if you do manage a successful install of Win 7 there is no guarantee that you will find all drivers and, possible more important, the Sony Utilities as Sony are only providing limited downgrade support on this model. Some Windows 8 drivers may work.

You will of course have lost all Sony preinstalled software that is not downloadable.

If all else fails you can always order, and pay for, a set of recovery media from Sony support that will return your machine to ‘As Delivered’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi pekka.ylinen,

A possible reason for receiving this message is that you are using a Windows 7 installation disk that doesn’t include SP1. Google the error message for more information.

For details of how to slipstream SP1 to a Windows 7 installation disk have a look at this very useful tutorial – not for the feint hearted…

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/145343-slipstream-windows-7-sp1-into-installation-dvd-iso-file....

Even if you do manage a successful install of Win 7 there is no guarantee that you will find all drivers and, possible more important, the Sony Utilities as Sony are only providing limited downgrade support on this model. Some Windows 8 drivers may work.

You will of course have lost all Sony preinstalled software that is not downloadable.

If all else fails you can always order, and pay for, a set of recovery media from Sony support that will return your machine to ‘As Delivered’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
xjayeffx
New

Had similar problem, tried to downgrade to 7 from win 8. All seemed ok, I downloaded 7 drivers from Sony but t least 3 would not work including the network adapter.... Spent over £20 on the phone ...long story short cost £50 for recovery discs, 11 discs in total arrived.... I have tried to install and have problems, on disc 1 it says "can not find partition". Or something to that effect, so, still have a 3 week old laptop that is still useless, dare not phone support again, what can I do ? Any help out there I'd be very grateful, thanks.