Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to unsubscribe to somethin I didn't subscribe to

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
simonimon
Visitor

Unable to unsubscribe to somethin I didn't subscribe to

I am made sure that when I was forced to enter my details on the Sony website, that I did NOT want to receive any marketing emails.
I've received a marketing email today, when I click on 'unsubscribe', it takes me to a list of mailing lists that I can sign up to, with no unsubscribe option. After logging in to my account, I am still not given any options to unsubscribe to anything.
I decided to click 'Contact' on the email, which goes to the support page, where I have to enter product details, which I don't have because I gave the product to a colleague.
I tried clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of that page, and then clicking 'Vaio', which goes to a *We Can't Find Your Page.
I'd like to know why I'm receiving marketing that I explicitly asked not to receive. I'd also like to know why it's impossible to unsubscribe from these unsolicited emails??
Regards
Simon
Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
jomckil
Explorer

I have the same problem. I received an email from Sony again today and can't unsubscribe. Furthermore I don't want ANY  type of account with Sony. I don't want to be part of their community or have a profile of ANY kind with Sony. Please delete my email address from ALL Sony data banks.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@jomckil wrote:

I have the same problem. I received an email from Sony again today and can't unsubscribe. Furthermore I don't want ANY  type of account with Sony. I don't want to be part of their community or have a profile of ANY kind with Sony. Please delete my email address from ALL Sony data banks.

Thank you

Hi Jomckill,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I'll see if I can get somebody to take a look at your request above for you..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@jomckil wrote:

Thank you

Hi jomckil,

sorry to trouble you again but just to clarify before I ask Sony to remove your email address from their database..

Do you have any Sony products, which you probably would have registed via MySony, because your products will be registered & linked to your profile and/or an email address.?

Are you sure you want to delete your community account.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jomckil,

You may not even get this message but just to let you know that I have been informed that your Email address has been flagged for removal from Sony's database..

This can take a few days to process & hopefully you should not receive any more emails, although a couple can sometimes slip through the net until the purge is completed..