Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to unsubscribe to somethin I didn't subscribe to

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
simonimon
Visitor

Unable to unsubscribe to somethin I didn't subscribe to

I am made sure that when I was forced to enter my details on the Sony website, that I did NOT want to receive any marketing emails.
I've received a marketing email today, when I click on 'unsubscribe', it takes me to a list of mailing lists that I can sign up to, with no unsubscribe option. After logging in to my account, I am still not given any options to unsubscribe to anything.
I decided to click 'Contact' on the email, which goes to the support page, where I have to enter product details, which I don't have because I gave the product to a colleague.
I tried clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of that page, and then clicking 'Vaio', which goes to a *We Can't Find Your Page.
I'd like to know why I'm receiving marketing that I explicitly asked not to receive. I'd also like to know why it's impossible to unsubscribe from these unsolicited emails??
Regards
Simon
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ad-astra,

You have been unsubscribed from the surveys and marketing emails.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
keiooz
Visitor

You may have signed up into something that has an automatic subscription where your personal information have been recorded automatically. Sometimes, you have to use a secondary email for that.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

This has been brought to the attention of Marketing. If there is a response we will let you know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

Can you please let me know (by PM) the email address that you are receiving these unwanted marketing emails?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ad-astra
Visitor

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I definitely ticked all the right boxes to make sure I wouldn't get any marketing emails but I've received a few over the last few months. None of the mailing lists in my account options give me an unsubscribe option.

I would like to stop receiving any marketing-related stuff.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ad-astra,

I have replied to your PM.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ad-astra,

You have been unsubscribed from the surveys and marketing emails.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ad-astra
Visitor

Hi again,

In the last month or so I've received three more marketing emails. After the second one, I noticed there was an option I could tick to 'unsubscribe' from updates from the online store, so I unsubscribed from that, so it appeared that I had unsubscribed from everything possible.

However I just got another email in my inbox today: "Get ready for an epic sportive adventure with exclusive discounts on Sony products"

Rich, would it be possible to once again have whoever maintains these mailing lists completely remove my email address from them? ALL of them? I do not want any marketing-related stuff from Sony (this applies to all companies, I'm not singling out Sony!)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ad-astra,

The request has been made. We will post here when any further information is received...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ad_astra,

Your request to be removed from all the databases under Sony Europe has been passed on to the PIM officer. I understand that it will not happen overnight but have been assured that it will be actioned.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat