Join now - be part of our community!

VGC V2S TV Tuner card

leonix
Visitor

VGC V2S TV Tuner card

Are there going to be drivers released for the TV Tuner card in the VGC V2S or is it considered to old? I know that they are aiming to release their Vista drivers before end of march but I don't know if this will be included.

and if not is the TV tuner upgradable, I have attempted to open it up to have a look i.e. is it a standard pci slot Tuner card but I couldn;t get in it so if it is upgradable I think I would have to send it off to be upgraded.

also, what is the make model of the TV Tuner card that is in it. I can't find out from Devicde manager as I am now running Vista and as the drivers aren't recognised so it is just listed under other devices as Multimedia video controller with no details for it.

Thanks for your help

20 REPLIES 20
BastenBroeke
Visitor

But it should work...? Why should there be programms under VGC-V2S if it doesn't work? :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you look at some other threads, there is some confusion about how to use the TV Tuner.

As I said earlier, I have asked Sony for some extra guidance.

:thinking:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

Ok!
I installed Vista again on my computer...
Again, everything works fine! Installed Vaio Zone.. and........
I can run Vaio zone!!
But when I search for channels... he can't search :cry:

Who has TV on his VGC-V2S (or also old models) with Vista !!!??????

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is the 'Sony Real Time MPEG Encoder Board' installed in Device Manager under Sound Video and Game Controllers? It uses the XP drivers in the 'MPEG Encoder' driver folder that you can get from your original Recovery Discs or from the Preinstalled Drivers XP download from Vaio-Link.

:thinking:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

Yes that's installed... and it's all up to date :thinking:
Update:
I get the next message, (look at the picture)

I've tried to lower my resolution, and all other program that I can think of are closed :thinking:

andyoakes
Visitor

I get exactly the same message on my V3S.

Out of interest, which Video driver did you install on your system Bas Ten Broeke?
(Did you use the one from guru3d refered to on these forum pages, like me?)

BastenBroeke
Visitor

Yes I got it from that site.. the newest one the... VGA file and my systemversion for my card is now: 9.7.1.5
Is that the newest one?

BastenBroeke
Visitor

I don't know how!! But I got TV on Vista !!! :cool:
But now there is a other problem.
My Nvidia driver is back from 9.7.1.5 to version 6.2.1.0... now TV works but Aero-Style doesn't !! So or it's TV or Aero... isn't there a solution that I can run both?? :thinking:

andyoakes
Visitor

Hi,

The good news is I think I know whats wrong here - it seems as though the current drivers for the GeForce 5700 graphics card can't support the TV tuner & windows aero interface at the same time... whether or not this is something that either Sony or Nivida will (or can) address in a future update I have no idea - may Blencogo could find out????

In the meantime I've discovered that it is possible to run the most current Nivida driver (9.6 - am yet to try the guru3g updates!) and simply alter the window theme to classic to get the TV tuner to work. Not ideal but it does at least allow us to run a more current drivers than v6.

Hope this is of help to someone as I've taken hours to work this out!!!

Andy

BastenBroeke
Visitor

I now got a normal driver, no BETA version. 7.1
It doens't matter wich version you have, you can't watch TV at the same time. Just switch to classic and you can watch TV.. I figgered that out also :laughing: